Shore Club - new restaurant/lounge in Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the new Shore Club restaurant/lounge in vancouver last night and thought I'd post a quick review, in case anyone is searching later on...

Officially opened June 4th 2007, located on Dunsmuir at Granville. Two floors - first is a lounge, second floor is a fine dining room.
Decor is nice, somewhat dark, LOTS of leather, comfortable chairs, well laid out, high-end look and feel.
Prices are slightly high, definitely not a pub, more along the lines of Diva at the Met, slightly cheaper than the lounge in Gothams (martini with top-shelf gin $12, glass of wine ranges from $9 - ???, excellent and fairly extensive wine list).
Food is mainly seafood, some steak etc as well. Prices are fairly high, appetizers ranged around $8 - $12, entrees seemed to be between $25 - $45. We had the rock shrimp appy, VERY tasty.
Overall - we're going back later this week for dinner, I'd recommend it if you want to splash a bit for food/drinks.
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 06:17 AM

Thanks, I'll make a note of this for our upcoming trip. You mention Gothams which I've read good review about but no-one on this post mentioned when I was asking for a place for a birthday dinner. Would you consider these 2 places very smart/fine dining? How would they compare to a place like Joe Forte's?
Thanks
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Gotham's is pretty pricey - one of the higher-end restaurants in the city - it's a steak place, fantastic food and excellent service, if price isn't much of an issue...
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM

We were looking for a nice steak place for our son's 19th birthday. Don't mind spending for something special but we were after some atmosphere as well. I got loads of suggestions when I posted just wandered how come Gotham hadn't come up. It looks great on the website.
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

I think the "fun" in the title of the post threw it off the list - it's a bit serious in there, the time I was in...fairly formal and reserved. The other suggestions you got were a bit more casual and relaxed.
On the other hand, the food, as I said, is fantastic and the service is impeccable.
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM

Thanks! Will add it to my list.