Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Aug 5th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Original Poster

Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Hello again,

After reading many reviews, we've decided to put my parents at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. We oursevels are still debating between staying w/ friends (they insisted) or stay at the same hotel w/ my parents. In either case, there are quite a few questions:

1. Where to park for short term? To pick up my parents or just to hang out underground (if it is raining).

2. Where to eat nearby? Prefer walking distance/short drive.

3. How far to walk fr. the Sheraton to Spring Roll restaurant? Mapquest estimates 2' drive. What is the best walking route (w/ a baby stroller)?

4. We'd like to check out China town & Kensington market, ROM; should we park in the City Hall parking lot then stroll there or driving is more convenient? We'll have a 6 month old baby traveling w/. How far is the walk?

Just hope it does not rain while we are there. :-S

Thanks,

K.
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:44 AM
PLJ

Hi Kayla, with regard to your question about Spring Rolls restaurant ... there are now 3 locations around town. The one closest to the Sheraton Centre is located in the Atrium on Bay, 38-40 Dundas St. West (between Bay St. and Yonge St.) From the Sheraton I'd estimate about a 10 minute walk north on Bay St.

For other recent restaurant recommendations in that general area, I will top the thread for you called "Good value restaurants in Toronto near Eaton Centre".

Aug 6th, 2004, 06:25 AM
BAK

Getting to Spring Rolls int he rain.

From themain lobby, take the escalator down one level, and walk straight ahead into the tunnels leading to The Bay. Walk through The Bay almost to the far end, turn left at the TTC Subway signs, and go through the tunnel into the EAton Centre. Walk north (staightahed) through the Eaton Centre and into the Dundas subway station (but not pst the turnstiles) and look for the door to The Atrium. Go through that door, and look for the restaurant.

On a nice day, same route except outside.

It's, in total, two long city blocks.

Lowest priced, most convenient short term parking is the City Hall garage, directly across the street from the Sheraton. there's a tunnel from the garage to the hotel, too.

Last spring (14 months ago) I ate two meals in the Traders restaurant in the Sheraton and they were not worth finishing. Don't ask why I ate the second after the first was so bad. Le Bifteque steakhouse in the hotel is a bargain, price-wide, and very good.
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:05 AM

Chinatown, Kensington Market and ROM are an easy stroll from Sheraton.
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Hello,

Thank you again, Torontonians! Thank PLJ for toping the restaurant info msg.

One more question: w/ the following places in TO we plan to visit; should we do Lawrence Market & Yorkville on Sat or it doesn' t matter week day/weekend ( crowd, special events, etc.)? We'll be in TO 5 days ifrst week of Sept but will only have 2 full days for sight seeing; other days, we'll be visiting Niagara Falls, NOTL, Butterfly Conservatory (if time permitted) and the African Lion Safari.

The plan sounds ambitious but we'll play by ears depending how tired we'll be.

1. St. Lawrence Market
2. Kensington Market/Chinatown
3. Yorkville
4. Queen st West
4. West Queen West st

K.
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:50 PM
BAK

Go to St. Lawrence Market on Saturday morning.

Kensington Market is car-free on Sundays, so that's probably the best day, and most of Chinatown is open then, too.

Yorkville is best Tuesday - Saturday, becasue of store openings. Galleries are often closed Mondays. Queen Street is best on Monday to Saturday, but if you need a place to go on Sundays, this area, and Harbourfront, and the Distillery District are all fine.

Distillery is near St. Lawrence, so it is better to go there on Saturday.

BAK
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks BAK, we'll have Fri & Sat sight seeing those areas. Flying out Sun PM. but need 3 hrs at the aiprort prior flight so there will be no outing on Sun unfortunately.