Search

Romance in B.C.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Jeanne

Romance in B.C.

My husband and I are going to Vancouver for one week in mid-April. This is first trip away from our three children. We are trying to decide how to split up our time. Sunshine Islands, Vancouver DT, and/or a trip over to Jasper/the Rockies. Would love ideas. We would like to have options of things to do while also enjoying some much needed romance !

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Carl Z

<BR>April is still rather cool, at times rainy. <BR>I suggest the Sunshine Coast,then Vancouver Island, not as dramatic as the Rockies but little driving comparatively speaking. <BR>www.rubylakeresort.com <BR>www.desolationresort.com <BR>and on WCVI www.wildretreat.com <BR>Combine these with a few 'nights on the town' in Vancouver for a real taste of BC.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Bob Brown

April is still winter in the high Rockies. Besides, it is a long drive from Vancouver to the main spine of the <BR>Rockies along the Great Divide. The road between Kamloops and Lake Louise is fairly slow. I would consider Carl Z's advice carefully. <BR>Why not find a good B and B on Salt Spring Island or some place near Victoria? If it rains, there are indoor activities to pursue.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 09:21 PM
Sue

If you seriously want romance take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Naniamo and then drive south to Chemainus. There is a B&B there called Bird Song which runs about $105/night. It was wonderful however in the back is a private Castle and they have a wonderful romance package. I think it runs about $300/night but how often do you get to stay in a tiny castle for two. I just stayed there last week and it is amazing. Then head down to Victoria which is a very romantic city and extremely beautiful. If you want mountains once you return to Horseshow Bay drive north on Hwy 1 to Whistler. The drive up the coast is very nice and Whistler is right up in the mountains and is the playground of the rich and famous like Prince Charles and Sylvester Stallone who like to ski there. If you are in Vancouver why not take a ride up Grouse Mountain as they have some lovely trails up at the top and beautiful wooden carvings to look at. <BR> <BR>For Bird Song who can likely just use a search engine and type in Bird Song Chemainus.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:52 PM
April

If you have your own transportation, consider splitting your time between Vancouver and Long Beach on Vancouver Island.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 11:13 AM
A.M

I suggest a posh hotel in Vancouver iean Pacific;Waterfront; or Hotel Vancouver, which may have reasonable rates in April. Then drive a car or take the train up to Whistler and stay at the Chateau Whistler, Aspens on Blackcomone building up the mountain,1&2 br. suites, with great views)or Pan Pacific.