"Red Lobster" in BC?!

Jun 25th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Catherine

"Red Lobster" in BC?!

My son wants to eat at a Red Lobster Restaurant (he's nine and saw the tv ads!). Are there any on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver itself?

Jun 25th, 2002, 06:56 AM
gary

Not that I know of. There's a 'Red Robin' chain.

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:37 AM
jj

I,too, saw the ads and wanted to try Red Lobster. I was very disappointed. Don't bother going. Actually it was just awful! (Calgary has one).

Jun 25th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Cindy

I agree. They're pretty yuck. I can never figure out how the ads make the food look so appealing; you get there and it's kind of dismal.

Jun 25th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Artemis

The closest one is in Bellingham Washington (or it used to be -- it might be closed now).

There is a chain of restaurants that started in Vancouver (but has now across Canada and the US) called The Keg. They're a bit similar to Red Lobster, only emphasizing steaks over seafood. And of course there are dozens of good seafood restaurants in both cities.

Jun 25th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Buddy

The Keg has mastered the generic same quality of plastic-like food as the Red Lobster, so you should enjoy it.

Jun 25th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Brian Kilgore

I think he is out of luck, according to the Red Lobster web site.

If he is visiting in Vancouver, though, I'm sure he'll think having lunch at the Granville island Market is an adventure. Skip the restaurants. Buy food from the various retailers, and then combine it to make a picnic to eat outdoors watching the boats go by. Pieces of salmon, bread and rolls, various cheeses, fruits and vegetables, etc.

BAK

Jun 25th, 2002, 01:57 PM
klam

Brian's got a great idea...just be wary of the bold birds who think the picnic is for them!

(Don't worry about the monstrous rats...you'll see them, but they won't be by even if you have cheese