Quebec City B&B or hotel

Jul 24th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Quebec City B&B or hotel

Has anyone stayed at Hotel L'Ermitage? Comments? Any recs for a cute/quaint/reasonably priced (say under $150 CAD) hotel or B&B to stay in Quebec City. We'd love something small, with a lot of character - nice but not necessarily luxurious. A balcony overlooking the street?!
Thanks!
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:03 PM

I recently stayed at the hostelling international in Old Quebec and it was great. They have private rooms with private bathrooms, and although no tvs or anything luxurious, it was excellent value for about $80 per night. Nice rooms and very clean
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:32 AM

There are lots of small b&b's and hotels that fit your description in the Rue St. Ursule area. The B&B James Thompson is one I would go back to.
Jul 29th, 2004, 10:24 AM

We just returned and stayed at the convenient but unremarkable Courtyard Marriott..however, I did notice the Chateau Laurier not far up the hill(yes, I know there is a hotel by this name in Ottawa, too)...according to the ratings it was supposed to be quite nice..check it out!!
Jul 29th, 2004, 08:38 PM

Hello betsytom,
As mentioned, there are many small B&B with character & charm, for a reasonable price. I recently stayed at La Maison Robert in Quebec City, and I would give it a superior rating. It is inside the wall, very convenient. try www.inntravels.com/canada