Search

Quebec City (& Montreal?) at Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quebec City (& Montreal?) at Christmas

Hello everyone!

I am working on planning a trip to Quebec City at Christmas for my husband and I and our two teenagers, ages 16 and 19. We would tentatively arrive on 12/20 or 12/21 and stay at least through Christmas. We are trying to decide if we should stay a week in QC, or possibly up it to 8-10 days and add in Montreal as well. I have read that about 4 days each seems to be a pretty good time allotment for each city, but my main question is - do you think that still holds true over the holidays? I know some things may be closed, but then there are holiday events we are interested in like the German Christmas Market, Festilumières, etc. Any advice you may have on 1 city vs. 2, and if we have enough time to really do them both justice, is much appreciated!*

A couple more questions:

If we do go to Montreal, would you advise taking the train, flying, or possibly renting a car?
Also, does anyone know anything about New Year's festivities in QC? I have read on Le Jour de l'An (no link allowed)*that they start on 12/28, but I'm wondering what that means. Will there be fireworks each night? We are planning to return home before New Year's Eve, but are wondering if there are pre-festivities in either QC or Montreal that are worth sticking around for.

What are your absolute must-sees at this time of year? We have a lot of Christmas spirit, but have never celebrated away from home (or in the snow!), so we want to make it extra special.

Thank you in advance!

Old Nov 8th, 2019, 10:38 AM

Hey there,

There are some cool places in QC to visit in Christmas like

1: Christmas Markets
where you can experience the European cham of German Markets and discover 1000's of products

2: The Best Decorated Spots
Stroll through a true Christmas village where the snow, lights and much more
Take beautiful family photos in a magical setting
Meet Santa Claus in the Petit Champlain District or Fairmont Le Ch teau Frontenac

3: You have to wait till New Year amid immersife fireworks dance to folk music or world-class DJs
Old Nov 9th, 2019, 07:35 AM

This is a listing of things to do in Montreal during the holiday season. My husband recently suggested that we go up for a few days in December to enjoy the city sights and lights
https://www.timeout.com/montreal/christmas