Parking in Old Montreal

Jul 22nd, 2004, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Parking in Old Montreal

Hello there,

I've made reservations for a hotel called "Le Saint Sulpice" in Old Montreal and am worried about parking since I'll be driving up from NJ with my fiancee.
Would someone know if this hotel has parking or if there is parking nearby @ reasonable rates? We plan to be there for the entire weekend.
Also, this is our first visit, so any suggestions for a nice jazz lounge would be great!

Thanks,
Arvid
Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:12 PM

http://montreal.best-hotel-discount....ice-hotel.html

According to this- they list parking as one of the hotel amentities.
Parking is at a premium down in Old Town so you might be better off if you email them and check to be sure.
Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:16 PM

I just read another review from the NYTimes and it says they DO have parking.
You will love it in Montreal You will probably leave the car parked the entire time you are there, we never use our car.
There is a jazz club in Old Montreal called L'Air du Temps ..Have fun!
Jul 23rd, 2004, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Scarlett,
Thanks a lot for that link. The hotel website did not mention parking and that's why I was anxious.
Thanks for the jazz bar tip too. Will def check it out.
I read somewhere that some kind of festival starts next weekend too....I am psyched!!!
Jul 23rd, 2004, 09:14 AM

Message: Scarlett, L'Air du Temps is no longer. That location is now a coffee shop (which we are sorely lacking in Montreal).

Arvid, on your arrival buy a local paper or pick-up a free weekly and check the "what's on" sections. If you see something you like ask the hotel for distance and directions.
Jul 23rd, 2004, 11:15 AM

Thanks JQ! Shows how long it has been since I went jazz clubbing down there

Have a great time vwjet!

Jul 24th, 2004, 04:59 AM

L'Air du Temps is gone ???? that's really too bad............ Must be where the Java U went in ?

Voir, Ici, Mirror, those are free weeklies you'll find in stands at different cafes- for local entertainment, they are great.

I'll try to find out from my sources (younger brothers, trendy daughter) of other entertainment venues. I go to bed early so I have no idea what goes on after 10 p.m.

Jul 24th, 2004, 05:27 PM

LOL, mitchdesj, I feel like a wild woman out on the town if I manage to stay up past 10 on our vacations since we are up and out of the hotel so early every morning.
I need a trendy daughter to keep me up to speed
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:05 AM

The most famous jazz club in Montreal was Biddles on Almyer, near the Delta Hotel. However Mr. Biddles recently passed away, and the club now has a new name, but I believe it's still the same kind of place. Also check out the Cafe Sarajevo on Clark St., a smokey basement type Bosnian place that often has live jazz or world music. For something different, the Commensal vegetarian cafeteria on St. Denis sometimes has live jazz on weekend evenings. Pick up a copy of the 'Hour' paper for a good music listing - I believe they also have a web site.
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

JQReports,mitchdesj,zootsi,Scarlett (in no particular order!) thank you all for the tips.....will surely pick up the dailies/newspapers that you all mentioned.
After watching 'The Score' I can't wait to walk around Montreal. Another fine example of Hollywood promoting tourism ...sad but true!!