Outlet malls

Old Sep 9th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlet malls

Any outlet malls near toronto? Looking for ones no more than an hour or two outside the city. Are they worth going to?
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 01:54 PM
BAK

"worth going to" is in the eye, and wallet, of the beholder.

But my most recent former spouse, and my grownup daughter, both want extra time on any trip north of the city, to stop at the Cookstown Outlet Mall, perhaps 30 miles up highway 400 from the north edge of the city. They always come out with something, often suits from Jones New York. And I have bought Black & Decker tools there.

There's a similar looking mall outside of Niagara Falls, and since niagara Falls is worth a visit, you've got an excuse to be in the neighborhood.

And, right on the north edge of Toronto, at Highway Seven and Highway 400, east of Highway 400, are a lot of discount and outlet stores, including Eddie Bauer's (find the Toronto Star printing plant, and then head west of the street that starts at the Star front yard, curling past the seafood store.) My $600 winter jacket cost $90 at Eddie Bauer's a couple of years ago, and I wear a lot of $9 shirts that used to have $45-65-85 price tags on them.

And, if you're not Canadian -- look for Winners stores, for excellent prices on mens and womens wear, and lots of other stuff, too. Canadians already know about Winners.

BAK

Old Sep 9th, 2004, 04:17 PM

There is a large selection of outlet shopping in Toronto.

Eddie Bower is in the Weston Road and 407/Toronto Star printing plant area.

Holt Renfrew is in one of the strip malls west of Yonge on the north side of Steeles.

Harry Rosen, Mexx, Timberland etc in the Heartland mall in Mississauga on
Brittannia Road in the Hurontario/401 area.

Reebok/Gregg Norman is in Aurora on Bayview and St. John's Sideroad area.

There is a Cambridge Linens and Corning outlet at Cambridge Towel and Bedding at 1150 Sheppard Avenue West two blocks west of the Allen freeway.

Sure Fit Home Furnishings factory outlet is in Ajax.

No doubt there are many more.

See www.bestbuys.ca

Old Sep 9th, 2004, 05:54 PM

You can add Dixie Outlet Mall to the above list at Dixie Road and Queen Elizabeth Highway in Mississauga. There is a Winners there. In non-rush hour traffic, takes about 25 minutes from downtown Toronto.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:30 AM

For what it's worth - Dixie Outlet Mall is about 10 minutes' drive from my office and I have occasionally gone there on my lunch hour. Never found anything very much worth bothering about, quite honestly. The Cookstown Mall is a lot better.