Search

Opinion of Pine Bungalows Jasper

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion of Pine Bungalows Jasper

Hello-

I am looking for a bungalow/cabin to stay while in Jasper. Has anyone stayed at the Pine Bungalows? If so, can you tell me how you liked it?

Thanks-Julia
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:16 PM

We used to stay there, but haven't been since '98. Basic shelter, wood-burning fireplaces in some are nice, but no TV, no telephone. The property is quite old, and some of the units have problems with ant colonies under the cabin, so you may have company. We much prefer Becker's.
Old May 14th, 2003, 09:05 PM

I have been staying at Pine Bungalows for the last 20 years and they are great...Most of them have been remodelled and they have cosy fireplaces, a full kitchen, bathroom, and best of all they have a great view of the Athabasca River...And the mountains...Elk roam around and the odd time a bear will wonder by..It is total nature, serene..I couldn't imagine not liking it...Becker's is nice as in the cabins are nicer, but you won't get that mountain feeling there...I highly recommend Pine Bungalows...I usually book 6 months in advance to get my favorite cabin #6....
No phone and no tv add to the experience...You can watch tv at home..Sit outsite and barbeque on the burquette style barbeques that are supplied..Anyhow, hope this helps!!
Old May 17th, 2003, 12:56 PM

Hey, TracyB, nice to hear they've remodelled. As I said, we haven't been there for years, and our move to Becker's was more of a logistical thing than from any dislike. The mountain views are incredible at Pine B., and the squirrel activity is endlessly entertaining. I mentioned the tv/phone thing because a lot of American visitors like to know if they have them or not.
Old May 17th, 2003, 04:51 PM

Ya, normally TV is a must for me as well, but some how in Jasper, it is just not necessary..We usually bring a cd player and cd's though.