Reload this Page >

NYC-Quebec - who flies direct? What to see & where to eat during Carnival

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:21 PM
jackie

Just booked Hotel Dominion for Valentine's/President's weekend. Now I need to find a flight - -I don't think American goes direct. Can you tell me who does.<BR><BR>Also, what are must sees? WHere to dine, what to do during carnival. Is there a website that has a schedule of events?<BR><BR>thanks

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:24 PM
kate

Continental out of Newark

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:16 PM
kate

Sorry-I might have been mistaken, Continental flies direct to Montreal, I don't know about Quebec.<BR>But I will try to make up for it, I have a website that I will find and post for you

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:17 PM
kate

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/anglais/index.html<BR><BR>Ta daaaaaa!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:35 PM
jackie

Thanks Kate! I found airfare for $250 on Air Canada (I've never flown with them) -- seems a bit high, but it is a long weekend and carnival time. No one seemed to fly direct.<BR><BR>I should probably make dinner reservations before we go - any recommendations?<BR><BR>thanks again

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:57 PM
kate

<BR>The flight should be only about an hour and a half, right? <BR>Sorry, but it has been a while since we were in Quebec. We always go to Montreal now. <BR>The Hotel Dominion is the sister hotel to where we stay in Montreal-the Le Germain. I am sure you will enjoy your stay. I have met the owner and she really cares about the people who stay in her hotels.<BR>I do remember that Quebec was very charming and we walked everywhere. Especially liked shopping in the Lower Town.<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:59 PM
RnR

Ah, QC, the only time I adored being walled in. An utterly charming city for shopping, dining, walking around. I would have loved to take it home with me! Failing that, I now have an excuse to go back!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Mike

American flies to QC, although maybe not directly from NY. I flew into QC from Boston on American.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:52 AM
TTT

Topping for jackie

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 08:31 AM
joe

$250. is cheap for Quebec from NYC!!! It is about $350. from Boston. The airfares are outrageous when you think wherelse you could gofor that money.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Darius

I just booked American for 2 people from JFK to Boston, then to QC, for 666.00. In May. Is that a decent price? Even though it's too late to change it.