Nutcracker Ballet

Search

Nutcracker Ballet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nutcracker Ballet

Has anyone seen the Nutcracker (Ballet)? Do you recommend?
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM

Difficult question to answer without more information. Many cities and ballet companies have their own productions and they vary to a certain extent. I have seen the National Ballet Company's production in Toronto, if that's the one you're thinking of.

Also - before recommending it I would want to know whether you're talking about men, women, adults, kids - people have different responses depending on whether they're familiar with the music, whether they're comfortable sitting still for an entire performance, etc. Give us a bit more info and if I can, I'll give you a more detailed response and/or recommendation.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM

I can't imagine not liking it.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 02:36 PM

Hey, April - talk to my 13-year-old grandson! We bribed him to come with us one year. Not a great success.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

I'm 26 years old, and I'm traveling with my husband from Brazil to Toronto, I was looking for some different things to do and tought it may be a good idea...
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM

Okay - well, I can tell you that the Toronto production is absolutely, magnificently beautiful. I've seen it many times and will be seeing it again this year. My granddaughters love it - I've taken them to see it ever since they were very little.

One of the charming things about it is that they use quite a few children in the production - these are students at the National Ballet School. They are very talented and it's wonderful to watch them. But of course most of the dancers are adults, so you're certainly seeing something of top professional quality.

Do you know the music? Much of it is very popular. I would suggest that before you go, if you aren't already familiar with the music, get a CD or something and listen to it. This will add a lot to your enjoyment of the performance. But even if you don't do that, I think you will find that it's a magical, lovely thing to watch. Enjoy it!
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM

Meesthare, okay maybe it's not a boy thing. The sets are usually gorgeous though, so it has that plus the music and the dancing.