Reload this Page >

Novotel Montreal

Search

Novotel Montreal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Elwood

Novotel Montreal

Has anybody stayed at the Novotel Hotel in Montreal (rue Montagne)? I just booked it for 4 nights for Sept. 19 at $145Cdn. Any reviews would be much appreciated so I know that I am doing the right thing.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Jake

Elwood<BR>I have stayed there many times. It is my first choice of hotels in Montreal. It is in good location, has very good rooms, underground parking, good food in the lobby Cafe Nicole. You will be close to good eating, shopping, and drinking. For a fun Irish pub go to Hurley's on rue Cresent, just behind the hotel. I think you will be happy with this hotel.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Mike

Ah I see someone mentions Hurley's. I LOVE Hurley's. It is such a wonderful Irish pub, with outstanding live music, great selection of beer and whiskys, and good food as well. I never, never miss Hurley's when I am in Montreal, and will go there every night when I am in town to have some beer and hear that great Irish music. It is great!!!!!!!

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Elwood

Thanks for the replies! I am sure I have made the right choice here as after looking at a detailed map of the area it looks superbly located for metro lines and the Crescent street nightlife. I also hope to experience the St. Denis/Plateau bars as well (although I cannot converse in Franch). Thanks again!

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 10:58 AM
udmre

Elwood<BR>Franch won't do you much good anyway! But a small bit of French might help. Don't worry about it, English will get you by most places. Majority of Montrealers seem to be bi-lingual...French speakers speak some ENglish and ENglish speakers speak some French..you will be just fine