Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia weather the first 2 weeks in Oct.?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:04 PM
K

Would really appreciate if someone could tell me what the weather is like at this time of the year? I have already checked out the weather sites and they are not detailed enough. Is this a little to late to go to Novia Scotia and to Prince Edward Isl.?<BR>Thank you.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:57 AM
NS

October and Novemeber in NS we get ALOT of rain. At time it could get quite depressing. The best time is June - August.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:48 AM
Tanya

Usually the first part of October is very beautiful in NS. The leaves will be in full color and the weather is very comfortable during the days. Sweaters needed at night time. You won't be doing any swimming but walking the beach would be great! A perfect time to visit our provinces!!!

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:19 PM
K

Thank you both so much for the helpful information, especially Tanya as I was hoping to see some fall color and we do are not into swimming but love beach walking. <BR>We want to visit when there is little or no chance of snow. We prefer traveling when it is the slower season but hope that the resorts and Inns are still open.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Tanya

All accommodations will be open that time of year except for provincial camp grounds. You may want to make advance reservations if you travel the Cabot Trail as that time of year it tends to be busy (everyone wanting to see fall colors), especially with bus tours. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problem finding lodging. It is really a wonderful time of the year to visit. If you need anymore info, let me know. <BR><BR>