Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia and New Brunswick

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 01:16 PM
Sue Bornemnn

We are a family of four with a skateoarding thirteen-year old and an eleven-old daughter. We would like to visit the Maritimes for 10 days this summer. Can we visit both Nova Scotia and New Brunswick? Which would you choose between the two. We like lovely scenery, beaches, skateparks and shopping. Thanks, Sue

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:55 PM
Brian Kilgore

You can do both in ten days, and even get to Prince Edward Island, if you stick to the interesting parts of all three provinces.<BR><BR>Beaches are better (warmer water) in NB and PEI; scenery is better in Nova Scotia (Cape Breton, Peggy's Cove, and the seaside road north from Halifax)<BR><BR>The younger kid might want to read Anne of Green Gables before your trip, and then visit the attraction on PEI.<BR><BR>Good luck finding skateparks, though.<BR><BR>BAK

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:26 PM
Molly

You can - depends on your priorities. I prefer not to drive myself crazy trying to see everything, but that's just me. Also depends on time spent en route.<BR>Nova Scotia gets my vote if I were to only visit one, esp. Cape Breton.<BR>Your kids would enjoy the exciting {I hear} tidal bore rafting near Truro. <BR>As Brian pointed out, there is much to do on all three provinces, and they each have their own special charm. You can't go wrong.

Old May 29th, 2002, 11:41 AM
T

If you are planning on soending anytime in Halifax they're is a skateboarding park in the Halifax Commons Just down from the Bengal Lancer Stables. My favorite beach is Parlee Beach in NB it's about 2.5 hours from Halifax the water is warm and your kids would enjoy it because it is a little commercial so there is stuff for them to do. I too would go to Peggy's cove, also if you have a chance do a harbour tour in Halifax.

Old May 31st, 2002, 03:11 AM
Steve

If you see a sign for Magnetic Hill in New Brunswick, take a few minutes to stop. Its an optical illusion; but bike riders, skateboarders, etc. seem to be able to drift UP HILL.