Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

NICE, REASONABLE LODGING IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 1999, 05:06 AM
cedar

1st time visitors to Toronto in October.....does anyone have ideas on nice, but, affordable lodging in the downtown area? <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>

Old Sep 16th, 1999, 05:53 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Check out the Days Inn on Carolton at http://www.daysinn.com/ctg/cgi-bin/DaysInn <BR> <BR>Small rooms, but great price.

Old Sep 16th, 1999, 03:42 PM
Donna

We were very pleased with the Bond Place Hotel. Very nice (rooms slightly compact, but very comfortable and nicely decorated and appointed). Friendly staff. Low prices. Prices were SO low, I had booked an alternative just in case. Location is great, about a block from Eaton Center, where there's a metro stop.

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 10:00 AM
peb

cedar, <BR>I have had good luck with both Novotel on The Esplanade and Holiday Inn on King. Both are well less than $200 per night. I haven't been in a while but The Colony on Chestnut St. is not bad and in the same price range or better.

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 02:20 PM
louise

hi cedar, <BR>I agree with Novotel, great location also one we really like is the Cambridge Suite complete with living area and microwave etc... for the price of a room <BR>also great location

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 06:24 PM
Brooke

I have stayed at the Days Inn and I thought the place seemed pretty run down and the rooms were small and needed to be renovated (about 10 years ago). <BR> <BR>The Sheraton Centre is nice and only a few blocks from Eaton Centre and Phantom. You can even get there underground in a short walk. <BR> <BR>My favorite is the Delta Chelsea the closest and official hotel to Phantom. <BR>Both hotels are usually available under 100.00 U.S. I have called the hotels direct and have always been able to get better rates through Keytours out of Windsor. They are a reputable company and they also offer several other hotels. Their phone number is 1 800 265 5888. Have fun and dont read that message from the guy who says not to go to Toronto. Me and a small group of my friends (all female) have never had a problem in Toronto and we go out at night and use the subway. Nothing against Atlanta - I love it and the Falcons but the downtown area is 10 times more dangerous than Toronto.

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 06:57 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Brooke is definitely right about the difference about Toronto and Atlanta's downtown areas. <BR> <BR>If you can get into the Delta Chelsea or the Sheraton for less than $100 US, then definitely do it.

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 04:54 AM
jm

We live in Toronto and I agree with the recommendation for Delta Chelsea and Sheraton. We have also stayed at the Marriott in Downtown Toronto (not airport) for weekend getaways and have really enjoyed the well decorated rooms, excellent service and terrific location attached to the Eaton Centre and across city hall. Central to everything in downtown Toronto - Art Gallery, shopping, Chinatown, etc. and directly linked to the subway.