Niagara Falls Questions

Search

Niagara Falls Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niagara Falls Questions

Planning a family vacation. Any nice family restaurants in the area? There will be eight of us. I know during the summer the waits at places in Clifton Hill and on Victoria Avenue can be real long ( 1 to 2 hours). Was thinking that there maybe something in Throld or St. Catherines. Also planning on leaving Canada on a Friday around
6 pm. Any ideas which bridge would be the best to cross ( Peace, Rainbow, or the one near Lewiston)? Thank you.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 04:22 AM

Pertaining to border crossings, forget the Rainbow-much too busy, or at least presume it to be so. Depending on your destination, Peace or Lewiston will work better. But, the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection maintains an updated website pertaining to waiting times for border crossings. If you have internet access shortly before your return you might access it. apps.cbp.gov/bwt
I just checked it out and at 8:00 am today, Rainbow has no wait, and Peace has a 5 minute wait. As the day heats up, that'll change quickly as the tourists rise and shine!
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 04:49 AM

Hi PSCSB, We recently returned from a long weekend (Father's Day) and I posted a brief, trip report that included info on restaurants. I will bring it to the top for you.
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 06:02 PM

Theres a chain called "The Keg" with several locations around the Falls area... its a bit better than most NF restaurants for the family...
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 06:26 PM

Frank's Tomato Pie on Lundy's Lane is a good choice. If you want a little more upscale, try Carpaccio just across the street from the Tomato Pie.