Need information on La Patrie

May 6th, 2000, 06:23 AM
Steve Garrett

Need information on La Patrie

My wife and I are going to Quebec City in June with her Father and they want to visit his mother's grave for the first time. She was buried in La Patrie, an eastern township of Quebec, but I have not been able to locate any information about the town.

Would like to know how far it is from Quebec City, possible contacts in the town, or anything that would help me start a more thorough search.

May 6th, 2000, 12:40 PM
ron

I do not know the place, but my map shows it to be about 100 miles due east of Montreal or about the same distance due south of Quebec City. About 10 miles north of the New Hampshire border. It would be easier to drive to from Montreal than from Quebec City because there is a freeway for about 2/3rds of the distance. If you have had no luck finding anything via the search engines, you might try a "Canada only" search on excite.ca.

May 8th, 2000, 06:38 PM
Mario Champagne

Hello,

I am from Montreal, Quebec...To get to La Patrie, from Québec , it could be a long ride because not highways...Coming out from the Pierre Laporte Bridge , go direction St-Georges on highway 73...At ste-Marie you'll switch to 173 and straight to st-Georges ( nice church there)..after St-Georges, watch for road 204 to Lac Megantic..then 161 to Woburn..at Woburn..check for road 212..Notre Dame des Bois, then La Patrie... Very small village where I passed with my bikes some years ago...You'll see a wonderful place there,, Mont Megantic and I hope your car is in good shape becauses there are a lot of slopes at 12-15-18%...Drive safely..The view from the top of the mountain is breathtaking....

May 8th, 2000, 06:43 PM
Mario Champagne

I forgot to mention..from Québec City at least 4-5 hours...Québec-Lac Mégantic...465km plus 55 km to La Patrie...Lac Mégantic have nice B&B..Nice cathedral also..

May 11th, 2000, 07:58 PM
Claude Giasson

Mario Champagne ([email protected]) wrote: "I forgot to mention..from Québec City at least 4-5 hours".
La Patrie is 30 minutes east from Sherbrooke and NO MORE that 3 hours from Québec City. Another choice is to take the Highway 20 West (direction Montreal),
after Drummondville, take the 55. Near Sherbrooke, take the Highway 10 East, who becomes the 112. At East Angus, a short drive on the 253 to Cookshire, then take the 212 to La Patrie.
When you'll be in Quebec City, you can pick up a Quebec Road Map at the Tourism Office.