Need hotel help:B.C.

Apr 6th, 2000, 10:37 PM
Bonnie Watkins

Need hotel help:B.C.

Has anyone stayed at the Coast Harborside Hotel in Victoria or the Edgewater Lodge in Whistler? Have made reservations there for August and want to make sure they are nice. Also want to stop in Hope, or spend the night in Vancouver first. Any suggestions for hotels. Like a hotel in Vancouver with atmosphere and nice rooms and possible view that won't cost more than $150 US. Hope,BC looks like a picturesque town on a beautiful river in the Frazier River Valley. Has anyone been there? Any info on Coeur d'Alene

Apr 7th, 2000, 07:21 AM
sheri

Hi, I haven't stayed at either place but I have checked them out. The Coast Harborside in Victoria looks nice--the rooms are a bit cookie-cutter but tasteful and the ones with harbor views are especially nice. The Edgewater Lodge in Whistler--I had mixed feelings about that one. It's a good ways from the village, on a scenic lake, with beautiful views so if you're looking for a more quiet and serene location than being right in the village, it will fit the bill. But the rooms are rather basic and motel-like.

It can be tough to find something nice in Vancouver in summer in your price range--I'd try the Lord Stanley Suites as a starting point. It's a bit of a walk from the sights of downtown, but right on the doorstep of Stanley Park, and the views from most of the rooms are gorgeous.

I'm not familiar with Hope; hopefully someone who is will chime in!

Apr 7th, 2000, 11:51 AM
rand

I have never heard anyone complain of the Coast Harbourside and the location is great. I have attended conferences there and drunk in the bar but never stayed there. Hope a picturesque town? I must have missed that part. I see a string of cheap motels along the highway.Couer d'Alene Idaho? While looking for a campsite just outside of town I came across a White supremist headquarters with an archway of antlers. Very interesting but not to my taste.

Apr 7th, 2000, 08:10 PM
April

I tend to think of Hope as just a pit stop. Not much doing there, although I do like those Quintette tunnels. I've not found a good place to eat in Hope. Being so hemmed in by mountains makes me feel claustrophobic so I just want to get out. Personally I wouldn't make a special trip there.

Apr 8th, 2000, 06:33 PM
Vanessa

I was in Hope last June and can't say I would make a trip back for any particular reason. Nice enough scenery in the area but the town was not particularly pretty or interesting.

(Unless you're a glider pilot -- there's a glider port there.)

May 6th, 2000, 09:38 PM
Shari

Skip the trip to Hope and stop at Harrison Hot Springs. Stay at the Harrison Hot Springs Hotel and have a wonderful dinner at the Black Forest Restaurant followed the next day with breakfast at Jorg's. Do NOT eat dinner at the hotel. Trush me on this one, you will not be disappointed....

May 7th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Cheryl

Also like Swan's Hotel in Victoria-Skip Hope--the expression here is "there's nothing beyond Hope"--I agree with Harrison or come right into Vancouver. Though it's not flashy and is probably not on the net I stay at the Lakeside Inn in Burnaby quite often--inexpensive and clean--you can e-mail me if you want the address and phone #

May 10th, 2000, 08:27 PM
Cheryl

Cool Place recently discovered---Spinnackers Brew Pub has a neat new Bed and Breakfast with great acconodations and location. I will try and find an e-mail but the phone # is 250-384-0332.

May 12th, 2000, 08:02 PM
Kenny Lee

I have stayed at the Coast Harborside Hotel, and it's a good choice. Clean, middle-of-the-road. It is right on the waterfront so you might get a room overlooking the ocean. It is a bit of a walk from the Inner Harbour but they have shuttle buses. You can walk the route anytime of the day or night without a problem. My personal favourite hotel in Victoria is the Clarion Grand Pacific - very nice hotel and less than $100 Cdn during offseason. And it is a block away from the Parliament buildings and the Inner Harbour.