n.s and n.f. reservations needed?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are traveling the first 17 days in aug. (2 adults) to n.s and n.f. by car. do i need hotel/b&b/motel reservations or can i wing it each day depending on how far we decide to travel that day? are the places scarce and always full that time of year; i prefer being flexible. many thanks for all of your great comments looking thru this info and yu have all given me terrific info already! how many days suggested at cape breton is. and gros.morne? should i book one place for a few ays and work from the base and plan a different place each night?
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM

In early August we were told that we could "wing it" in Cape Breton. Wrong. The Vistiors' Centre just accross the causway was just barely able to find us places to stay for the next two nights. At one place were told of a woman having to sleep in her car because the inn was full and there were no alternatives. On another trip at the same time of year we got one of the last rooms in a large Halifax hotel when we realized it was too late to comfortably make it back to the relative's house were we had planned to be that night.

In NS You could probably get by reserving some places a day ahead or even early in the day if you do not want to be totally planned.

In NF (officially NL now) we have always had every placed booked because we have no relatives to fall back on just in case. That said my impression is that winging it looks more feasable in Newfoundland.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

thanks gavin for important info.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 06:49 AM

I would suggest reservations in NL as well.
There is not an abundance of accomodation anywhere in the Province.
Do you have tentative itinerary plans at all? If so, I might be able to offer some NL suggestions.

Jerry
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

jerry, thank you, i would like help. trying to see what i can cram into 17 days with nl and ns combined. i think i need more time in nl. main interest is cape breton is. amd gros mornw. there is so much to se i need to focus on highlights of the islands.in nl one night in st. johns i think is enough., then to terra nova and bonavista pennisula, trinity, gros morne and l'anse aux meadows; AND witless bay and petty harbour! i am all over the place. do you know quirpon lighthouse inn and island in north? looks like this place to be. need help and appreciate you time! thanks
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

in aug. 2002 we had an all-inclusive, flight included, tour of falls, livingston museum in a great place and reasonable! check is out, great owners and 30 min. ride from the falls up the hill to secluded spot overlooking gorge. great food also and all very helpful and friendly. they took care of our visa also! www.taitafalcon.com or www.zambiatourism.com/taita or email to [email protected]. good luck
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

sorry, place above note on wrong page.