Halifax(2nts)
OR
Halifax(1nt)
Lunenburg(1nt)
Wolfville area(2nts)
Pictou(1nt)
Cape Breton(4nts)
Halifax(2nts)
Cannot decide because of all the driving of first itinerary.But I dont want to miss something great.

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi pinkie,

My husband and I are going to NS in October for 12 days. Here is our itinerary.

Halifax (arrive 6 pm) 3 nights - Prince George Hotel
Lunenburg 1 night - Boscowen Inn
Digby/Annapolis 1 night - Pines Resort
Wolfville 2 nights - Victoria Inn
Cape Breton 4 nights
(Baddeck 2 nights - Duffus House)
(Keltic Lodge 2 nights)
Inn on the Lake near airport last night

Sounds like a very similar trip to yours.

We won't be going to Pictou - just decided to spend more time around Wolfville. It seems that there might be a few more things of interest to us in that area.

Decided to stay 3 nights in Halifax in the beginning since we were already there. Will stay near airport last night since we have a 7 am flight out the next morning.

Where are you staying in Halifax, etc.?

I know we may miss some things but it's so hard to hit everything. I hope we are not shortchanging the Annapolis area.

Any questions or comments or recommendations are welcome.

Good luck with your plans!

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

We are staying at a b&b in Halifax called The Pebble. I think we are going to give the Annapolis Royal area a miss because the drives between places are 4 hours. I don't want to spend my time in the car and not see anything. I feel we would check in late and check out early and just have enough time to eat in each place.
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 03:55 PM

We've just returned from 7 days in NS and 3 days in PEI. We had two kids (13 and 9) so had to take that BIG factor into consideration. I'll be posting some more thoughts in the next day or two, but generally we found Halifax very fun. Lots to do on the waterfront. Take in one of the two companies which provides an amphibious 1 hour tour -much fun for young and old. One restaurant to avoid there is Alfredo Weinstein and Ho. We went because we had an Entertainment Book coupon and saw ads for them in the local tourist guides. However, it was by far the worst meal we had on the trip. The meals were delivered to the table 5 minutes after we ordered them! Clearly pre-prepared food and microwaved -yuck!

Lunenberg was over-hyped. Mostly touristy and very much like typically overcrowded small Maine coastal communities. Seems as if the real fishermen are out of place there. We visited Annapolis Royal and very much enjoyed the town's botanical gardens. About 10 acres and entry fee is modest. Drove down Digby Neck to Brier Island to catch a whale excursion, but the fog and wind put an end to that. However, the drive down which includes 2 short ferry rides was enjoyable.

On Cape Breton took in a puffin excursion -well worth it! We found 3 days on Cape Breton just about right- we stayed in Baddeck. Also, the coal mine museum tour in Glace Bay was also very enjoyable and the fee modest. wd
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:43 AM

Hi pinkie, I believe the best way for traveling the way you want would be the second itinerary because you have more stop over time in certain places. You really need all 4 nights in cape breton to cover everything you want. If you have any ideas about doing the Cabot Trail & louisbourg in the same day please pick one or the other Cabot Trail alone is 8 to 10 hr depending from where you start. Distances can be misjudged from maps. Give your swelfs some time spread everything out . It looks like you have done that with the second list. Have fun.