Reload this Page >

Moraine Lake Lodge

Search

Moraine Lake Lodge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Jim

Moraine Lake Lodge

My wife and I are considering a stay at the Moraine Lake Lodge for our 25th wedding anniversary next September. We are looking for great scenery, good food, quiet surroundings. We have not visited the Canadian Rockies before. <BR> <BR>Does anyone have any feedback on this Lodge? <BR> <BR>Jim

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 08:00 PM
rita

Jim, I have not stayed at Moraine Lake Lodge so I can not comment on it. However if you are looking for great scenery, good food and quiet surroundings you may want to check out Emerald Lake Lodge near Field BC. It is a 2.5 hour drive from Calgary and it is spectacular. The hotel is a grouping of chalets nestled around Emerald Lake nestled in a valley with mountains all around. You have to drive off of the main highway about 10km to get to the lodge parking lot. From there the front desk sends down a van to pick you up (no cars on the property). All of the chalets have amazing mountain and lake views (the lake truely is emerald green) but my favorite is the Point Cabin (if you can afford it it is worth every penny). It sits on a point overlooking the lake -- very isolated and was Conde Nasts' room with a view a few years back. Good thing is when you tire of relaxing, canoeing, hiking, etc you can wander up to the main lodge for some fantastic food and a great wine list. <BR> <BR>If you want more info post again or email me directly. <BR>

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 07:16 PM
Jim

Rita, thanks very much for the idea. I'll do some checking and may take you up on your offer of more info. <BR>Jim

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:59 AM
georgie

We were recently in lake morraine and there are a lot of renovations happening at the lodge. I guess they would be finished by Sept but it may be worth finding out - it is certainly a beautiful place - a little isolated.

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 07:57 PM
Helen Welter

We spent a few hours at Lake Moraine Lodge and I would highly recommend it for your anniversary. It is away from the traffic and absolutely beautiful. Wish we could have spent more time there. We liked it better than Lake Louise.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:32 PM
April

Has anyone actually stayed there since this was posted?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Jayne

Yes, we stayed there for our honeymoon.<BR><BR>I thoroughly enjoyed it - there are doable trails during the day, and at night when the visits leave - its perfect...<BR><BR>We stayed in the cabins not the main area.. IMHO much better. The lake is not as impressive as Lake Louise - but the peace and quiet and atmosphere makes up for it.<BR><BR>Cabins have their own fireplace - we had the king size cabin. Note they are not right on the lake, but with most of them you get a peekaboo view.<BR><BR>The food was ok - however, you never know coz I'm sure staff/chefs change all the time. It would be a good idea to have a car regardless, so you can always go to a restaurant in Lake Louise etc..

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 06:26 PM
April

Thanks, Jayne.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:32 PM
ks

I stayed at Moraine Lake Lodge and Emerald Lake last Sept and while Lake Moraine is more beautiful I preferred Emerald Lake. The cabins were larger, more comfortable and had better views. The restaurant at Emerald Lake was awesome. I had one of the best meals of my life there. Either way both are lovely hotels and I'm sure you'll be happy at either place.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:04 PM
April

I haven't been there in a long time but I remember liking Emerald Lake. Thanks for the restaurant advice, ks. We're now thinking of splurging one night at the Post Hotel. <BR><BR>Does anyone happen to know the elevations of Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper?

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Jimmy

Jim, I too am planning a trip for our 25th wedding anniversary. If it fits into your plans and you have any desire to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise, you get a room for $394 (US) through nwaworldvacations.com. We are taking one week to travel the Calgary, Banff, Jasper area, but decided one night at this world famous hotel would be a nice treat for our anniversary.