Montreal Restaurants

Sep 11th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Montreal Restaurants

Hi everyone. I'm taking my wife to Montreal for our special wedding anniversary. She has never been and I havent been for several years.
I need some opinions on a great romantic restarurant in old Montreal, where we are staying. Price is not relevant, I just want something romantic and special.
Any advice on other things to do in Montreal would also be appreciated (we are there 5 days).
Thanks in advance!
Sep 12th, 2009, 06:31 PM

It depends of your definition of "romantic"... Not my favorite sector for restaurants (although there is plenty), but here is my two favorites :

- Chez l'épicier (www.chezlepicier.com)
- Graziella (www.restaurantgraziella.ca - no menu yet) - great italian

Of course, if money is really no object, you can go to Toqué! (www.restaurant-toque.com), incontestably the best restaurant in town...

If you speak some french, this site is a reference : www.guiderestos.com. If you don't, just choose "Vieux-Montréal" in the "Ville/Quartier" menu and click OK. You'll have a list of restaurants with prices for two and number of stars given by the critics.
Sep 13th, 2009, 04:24 AM

We usually go to Le Piment Rouge for lunch. It is a wonderful oriental restaurant. Dinner? Well, we have found a lot of the expensive restaurants just not worth the money. I appreciate Yacko's comments. We will try Graziella next time.
Sep 13th, 2009, 04:27 AM

Oops I just checked Trip Advisor and Graziella got bad reviews.
Sep 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM

You can't do better than Toqué. If this is a special dinner, then splurge and take your wife there. I doubt that you will be disappointed.
Sep 13th, 2009, 11:59 AM

I totally agree with laverendrye regarding Toque. I did my research before going to Montreal to find the best restaurant as my husband is from there and has always raved about dining in Montreal. We took the advice and went to Toqué and had the chef's tasters menu with wine pairings. The food was out of this world and along with a similar meal in Quebec City will always be remembered as the best we have ever enjoyed - anywhere.
Sep 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, all