Reload this Page >

top 5 restaurants Montreal & best steak et frites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 12:32 PM
tutu

What are your top five restaurant picks in Montreal and also where can one find the best steak et frites.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Daniel

Well for one thing, the best steak and fries that you can get is probably at la Queue de Cheval on Rene Levesque. You can get a great steak also at Gibbys but they don't serve Fries. <BR>Other greats:<BR>Chinese-- Le Piement Rouge<BR>Italian-- Le Piemontais<BR>Greek-- Milos<BR>Hamburgers-- Rocksanna's on Monkland<BR>French-- Toque

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Donna

L'Entrecote on rue Peel specializes in Steak Frites (awesome sauce on the steak and wonderful profiteroles for dessert). Another good spot is L'Express on St-Denis, where everything is so wonderful you'll have a difficult time sticking with steak frites. Reservations essential way ahead for both of hese places. If you're in Vieux Montreal, check out Restaurant Steak Frites St-Paul on St-Paul. We haven't tried that place yet, but it sure smells good!

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 03:39 AM
Montrealer

For steak, great fries and more, most locals head for Moishe's.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Louis

If you're tkinking about a steak-frites in the pure French/Belgian tradition, the best of the best is L'entrec&ocirc;te Saint-Jean. The sauce is absolutely delicious and the fries are true "juliennes" (i.e. very thin).<BR>Set menu of soup, salad, steak-frites and profiteroles is under $Can 20. Great Parisian Brasserie atmosphere.<BR>Located on Peel St. just above De Maisonneuve.<BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:49 PM
tutu

Many thanks folks - we ate at L'entrecote St. Jean - steak sauce was wonderful; also at Laloux on Pims St. for great French food and Petit Alep for breakfast (omelette to die for) - can't wait for my next trip!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Daniel Williams

Hey tutu<BR><BR>Was that on my advice you went to le Petit Alep? If so, I'm so happy someone followed my advice and was not let down; if not, congratulations on finding a great place. Their omelettes really are out of this world, no? <BR><BR>DAN<BR><BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Louis

Glad you liked l'Entrec&ocirc;te St-Jean. It's really my favorite.