Reload this Page >

Montreal or Vancouver for anniversary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:05 PM
Rob

My wife and I are considering a trip to Canada for our anniversary in June 2003. We have about five days to spend in either Montreal of Vancouver. We make our home in southern California.<BR><BR>Of course we enjoy shopping, good restaraunts, jazz clubs, gallaries and the like. But we also like outdoor activities like bike riding, roller blading and watersports. Is one destination better then the other for our purposes. We appreciate the help and happy new year.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
kate

Montreal.<BR>We go there every year to for our anniversary<BR>Too many good restaurants to list, great music concerts, dance, clubs, museums, very good shopping, great parks and a beautiful city to just walk!<BR>*I have never been to Vancouver so I can't really be openminded about this*

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:51 PM
Joe

Having lived in both cities I would recommend Montreal. You have access to mountains and sea in CA. Montreal is magic. You may want to consider including an overnight trip to Quebec City.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Rob

Thank you for your advice.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:20 AM
zootsi

Just FYI - Montreal is very bike and rollerblade friendly. There are bike paths throughout the city, and several bike rental shops by Parc La Fontane, the old city and other places.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:06 PM
deej

I absolutely love Vancouver. Walking or roller blading along the Stanley Park seawall with the mountains and harbor on one side and the city on the other is a truly special experience.<BR><BR>However, I suspect if you're from southern California you'll appreciate Montreal's mix of cultural and outdoor activities more. To me there just seems to be a special European flavor about the city whereas Vancouver has been influenced more by Asia.<BR><BR>That said, you really can't go wrong choosing either city.