Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Montreal Loew's Vogue - Close to Nightlife?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Ted

Hello. I have reservations at the Loew's Vogue for my birthday weekend in early January. I'm hoping the hotel is close to fun nightlife (for 30 somethings) and restaurants. Any specific suggestions?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:04 PM
A.M.

Lucky you. The Vogue is a lovely hotel and close to everything.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Donna

Across the street is Hotel de la Montagne, with &quot;Thursdays&quot; the disco within, along with a very nice cocktail lounge just off the lobby with terrific live music (usually jazz). Crescent is one street over and chock full of terrific nightlife in both directions for 30-somethings. Another fine nightlife destination area would be to hop on the metro, get off at Sherbrooke, and go northwest and explore rue St-Denis. Lots of nightlife in Vieux Montreal too.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Ted

Thanks! Great info. Any more suggestions? Is there a metro station near the Loew's Vogue?<BR><BR>Looking forward to visiting Montreal.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Donna

Yes, metro station Peel is just a few blocks away. Note also, though, that you can taxi all about very reasonably, especially considering the most favorable exchange rate.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Amy

Are there any online resources (websites) about Montreal nightlife and/or restaurants? I don't think Citysearch has a Montreal edition (yet??).

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 05:39 AM
x

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C/00/default.asp<BR><BR>Try this, it is full of info!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Rachel

What are the cool loungey destinations right now? Not super-loud dance clubs, but places with a great crowd and good groove. Thanks