Montreal kid-friendly restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Montreal in October and are looking for a kid-friendly restaurant downtown or in old Montreal.

The kids are 8, 10 and 12.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Richard
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 05:26 AM

My suggestion is a bit unusual, but your kids will love it. There are two 'Le Commensal' vegetarian cafeterias in Montreal, one on St. Catherine downtown, and the other on St. Denis by Sherbrooke. They are upscale, comfortable places to get a delicious meal and unwind. Don't let 'vegetarian' and 'cafeteria' turn you off. My wife and I are not vegetarians, but there is such a huge variety of interesting entrees, salads, soups, desserts, wines, etc, that it will satisfy anyone. As for being a cafeteria, it is not what you imagine, but actually looks and feels like a pleasant and spacious upscale restaurant. Your kids will love picking out thier own pizza, pasta, tacos, mac and cheese, and very yummy cakes, puddings, etc,etc.There are lots of more exotic ethnic selections for adults as well. The tables are spread out and there's always lots of room to unwind. The street facing walls are mostly window, so you can watch the passing street life. I believe the St. Denis one even has live music on weeekends.
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

I buy Commensal products at my local grocery store and will therefore check it out.

Richard
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:28 AM

Movenpick in Place Ville Marie is also a popular place for kids due to the variety and choices.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM

When our kids were that age, they always used to enjoy Giorgio's in Old Montreal. There are a number of locations throughout the city, but this one is in an historic building right at the foot of Boul St. Laurent.