Montreal in march?

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 05:23 PM
jer
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal in march?

Hello All, I was wanting to take a trip to Montreal for my spring break, but I was wondering if it is just going to be way too cold to enjoy ourselves. Also how many days do you need for Montreal. Thanks for any help. Jer
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 09:09 AM

What kind of weather are you used to? It will be cool to cold in Montreal in March but there is lots to do. My son is a student at McGill and he and his friends enjoy the city all year round--although summer is especially nice.
I would think you would want to spend at least 2 or 3 full days in the city. What kind of activities do you enjoy?
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
jer
Original Poster

Cold weather is "okay", just not in the 20's. That makes me not want to go anywhere. I don't wwant to be miserable. Went to NYC once when it was in the 20's. We were not happy. Of course we all remember that trip! We like to walk around the city. Do a little shopping, eat at good resurants, go to musuems. Go to the theatre if it is available. Also we will want to do some relaxing. I have just had it in my head that the next vaction was going to be to go to Canada. I realize there is probably a better time, but God willing my next trip is going to be in March. Thanks again, Jer
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 02:32 PM

20s F is definitely a possibility for March in Montreal...properly dressed, I find those temps not so bad personally. However, if you didn't enjoy NYC with those temps., you may wish to try somewhere else... It's in the 0-10 F range right now in Mtl., a temp. range where I find I start not wanting to be outdoors for too long even with tuque, longjohns, scarf, mitts...
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
jer
Original Poster

Well call me a sissy, but that is all I needed to know. Thanks, Jer
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 02:16 AM

Jer--It sounds as though you are convinced montreal will be too cold for you in March. I also wanted to point out that you could run into significant snow at that time of year. It is a great city but someone who considers 20 degrees F too cold for sightseeing would definitely enjoy it much more in the summer