March in Montreal?

Old Nov 11th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
March in Montreal?

Hi! Two married people looking for a long weekend in Montreal. Are there neighborhoods that are better for restaurants, clubs, shops, etc. than others? Looking for any suggestions at all. Going in March, so we can go to a Canadiens game. Thank you in advance!
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 11:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Head to Verdun.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3045044/we...erdun-revival/

Mark
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 01:08 PM

If you've been to Montreal many times, then Verdun might be an interesting off-beat neighbourhood to visit. I can't imagine a first-time visitor wanting to stay there.

Otherwise, my preference is for the Plateau for restaurants, clubs and shops, but Vieux Montréal, while very touristy, is appealing to many. For high-end shopping, look to Sherbrooke St. West.

It all depends what you are looking for.
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, booked the Le Square Phillips downtown, any reactions? Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 15th, 2016, 10:53 AM

I live in Montreal, and yes Verdun is making a comeback and maybe worth a quick stop on a longer trip but for a long weekend I would suggest staying central. Phillips Square is a good location. You have lots of stuff to do right around you.

Ste Catherine street (East and West) is full of shopping and spots to grab a bite.

Old Montreal is beautiful and worth a visit. I would also spend sometime in Le Plateau as laverendrye suggested. It's got so much to offer.

March can still be quite cold, and even snowy in Montreal, then again it might be beautiful and warm... so be sure to bring a good variety of clothing so that you can layer and adjust as needed.

Enjoy Montreal!
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 10:43 PM

When you visit Montreal don’t miss Montreal style bagel, poutine or smoked meat sandwich from Schwartz’s Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen. Montreal is the second largest French speaking city in the world. Cuisines of Montreal is delicious, you simply cannot get them anywhere else on this Earth.

Few restaurants offer best meal of Montreal…….

1) Macroni Pizzeria.
2) Les Sucreries de l'érable
3) Ma-Am-M Boldu.
4) La Binerie Mont-Royal.

Montreal is a city unlike any other with its eclectic mix of artists, musicians and fashion designers. If you are shopaholic then try this function area of Montreal…….

1) Simons (Department store, it carries an array of top fashion for both men and woman.)
2) Oglivy (Reflect all the latest fashions by top international designers.)
3) Place Ville Marie (It offers a nice selection of shops and boutiques from clothing to shoes.)