Montreal hotels

Jul 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Montreal hotels

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in Montreal in August. What are some nice and well located hotels? Is Vieux Montreal a good location?

Thank you!
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:34 PM

Ita1,

Congratulations on your anniversary.

I would whole-heartedly recommend the Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain. It is located at Place du Canada in the downtown area. This hotel is a real treasure. My wife and I stayed for 3 nights last year during Christmas week. Staff was terrific, as was the property. The hotel has nice views of the river on one side and the city on the other. I've read many comments saying that this property is actually nicer than the Ritz-Carlton (haven't stayed there).

The Marriott is in a great location because it connects directly to the Underground City (underground shops and restaurants) and there is a Metro stop directly beneath the hotel. The Metro will take you pretty much anywhere, including Vieux Montreal, which is at most a 10 minute ride or so. If you stay at the Marriott and do not plan to go outside the city, you won't need a car.

I hope this info is helpful...please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Jul 14th, 2006, 01:27 PM

My wife and I just returned from Montreal where we celebrated our 24th anniversary. We stayed at the Hotel Nelligan in the old part of Motreal called vieux-Montreal. The hotel was fantastic, in fact, I just did a rating on it. Vieux-Montreal is the heart beat of the city. Shopping is along Rue-St. Catherine, but the Old World feeling is definitely in View-Montreal. Check the ratings and comments from others - they are right on, except the one guy who complained about everything. If you watch the Food Channel, Rachel Ray stayed at Hotel Nelligan and loved it.

Have a great trip
Jul 18th, 2006, 07:50 AM
begbie

hi
try having a look at the following link for more ideas of what there is :
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i...erica/22392/en
the site carries information about the hotels and their locations.
hope its of use to you

Jul 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM

I agree with hotel Nelligan; locals lunch there all the time. The St. Sulpice hotel is closeby and has a lovely outdoor courtyard.
Jul 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply. Although I think I would love the Nelligan for its charm, I chose the Marriott and used our points to pay.

We will definately go to the Nelligan for lunch along with the locals.
Thank you again!