Reload this Page >

montreal dog friendly? please help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Teri

i am wondering if montreal is a dog friendly city? i am taking my pug on vacation with me and i don't know if he is allowed in the parks or pedestrian squares or not can anyone help me?

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Daniel Williams

I think Montreal is a fairly dog-friendly city on the whole. In Parc Lafontaine, there is an area just off rue Rachel not far from ave. Garnier (few blocks from the eastern perimeter of the park) where there's a area built ESPECIALLY for dogs to run and play. That said, I also see dogs on Parc Mont-Royal near Beaver Lake, in Parc Jeanne Mance at the foot of the mountain as well as in other parts of Parc Lafontaine. I think they're allowed most places outdoors.<BR><BR>I'm not sure but I think only seeing-eye dogs are allowed on the Metro, and similarly inside restaurants and grocery stores. Since there are outdoor terrasses at many restaurants, I have seen numerous dogs sitting with their owners outside.<BR><BR>Although I see people taking their dogs for walks even on Saint-Denis, Saint-Laurent, Mont-Royal and Sainte Catherine Sts., generally speaking I do not think this advisable, only because the streets of Montreal get a LOT of foot traffic.