Listel Hotel-any infos?

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 05:00 PM
Simone

Listel Hotel-any infos?

The hotel discount site (180096hotel) is offering the Listel Hotel (rated by them 4.5stars)for 89.95/night, which seems really cheap. Any information about this hotel?

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 06:05 PM
Sue

Where is it???

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 02:45 AM
Simone

Sorry!
The city is Vancouver.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 06:19 AM
dan

I had a friend that worked there and he said that the hotel was quite nice. In Vancouver this is the off season so prices are lower. Still the price you quoted is probably $20-$40 cheaper than comparable hotels.

The location is perfect--Right on Robson street which is the main street in Vancouver for shopping and people watching. This hotel is a couple blocks down from the main areas of Robson street making it quieter.

The Listel is a Japanese owned hotel. They have a few locations in Japan and also one north of Vancouver in Whistler. This hotel is nice as well.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 10:21 AM
sheri

Is that rate in Canadian or US dollars, and is it for a wintertime stay? If it's in US dollars, then it's in line with what most nice hotels in Vancouver are offering in the off-season. If it's in Canadian or for high season, then it's a really good rate.

I stay in a "Gallery Suite" at the Listel a couple years ago and really liked it. The rooms on the Gallery Floors (which are nicely decorated and have original artwork) are great; the rooms on the non-gallery floors looked just ok (standard cookie-cutter). My main issue with the hotel was that the service wasn't as good as some of the other nice hotels in Vancouver.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 04:16 PM
Simone

The rate is offered both for winter and summer (july2001) and in US dollars.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 12:44 AM
dan

The Listel is not a bad bed at all. They have a great restaurant on the ground floor.

Another hotel to consider which is probably close in that price range would be the Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel.

Some restaurant recommendations;

'C' Seafood restaurant located on the waterfront. Classy restaurant with very good food.

A more casual restaurant that I like is Stepho's. This is a Greek restaurant located on Davie Street (downtown). Try the chicken Soulvaki--very tasty--Good house red wine as well. The restaurant is a favorite of Vancouver residents. Very busy with line-ups from approx. 5:30pm until 9pm. Go before or after these times to avoid the wait.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 07:15 PM
em

is it quiet at night?

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 05:26 AM
dan

Yes it's quite at night. It's down a couple of blocks from the main area of Robson street.

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 08:51 AM
Robyn

My boyfriend lives a block away from the Listel - in fact, you can see the hotel looking out his apartment window. For downtown Vancouver, you're in a quiet area. You're in the "hotel district" of Robson Street (so I call it), which is an area concentrated with hotels, just a 5 minute walk away from the commercial parts of Robson.

Old Dec 3rd, 2000, 02:49 PM
elizabeth

To to top

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 10:45 AM
JO

I just booked a room at the Listel Hotel in Vancouver for 6/17 (one night before our Princess Cruise) So I am hoping this works out ok for us. We want to use the Vancouver Tolley Company to get around so I am hoping they have a stop close by! Does any one know? Thanks, JO

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 12:54 PM
allen

I am also interested in any comments on the Listel property in Whistler. Would appreciate any information. Thanks.