Search

KIng Edward

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 07:38 PM
tom

KIng Edward

I am thinking of staying at the King Edward. Any feedback would be appreciated: i.e. comfort, service, amenities etc...

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 01:22 AM
Robyn

Please write the town/city and province in which the King Edward is located - possibly you'll get more help that way!

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 04:37 AM
Brian Kilgore

Meridian King Edward in Toronto?<BR><BR>One ofthe finest hotels in the country. Big but quiet and dignified. Well locted, a half-block from the subway, few minutes walk to the harbour, hockey hall of fame, etc.<BR><BR>Excellent restaurants. Excellent service.<BR><BR>But, on balance, not exciting.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 09:26 AM
rob

Tom,<BR><BR>The King Eddie is one of the nicest hotels in Toronto. It's right smack in the heart of downtown. Brian hit the nail right on the head -- upscale, excellent service, and wonderful location. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Other options within that area of the city include the Royal York (also fairly upscale, beautiful building too), and the Novotel (not as upscale, but a very nice hotel all the same).<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>Rob

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 11:15 AM
Patrick

We stayed there our first time in Toronto and it was a very nice hotel. We stayed on the club level and were treated to wonderful buffet breakfasts -- great smoked salmon! Our only disappointment was that on the weekend that is a very quiet part of town. We found ourselves heading to Bloor-Yorkville area among others, so last summer we stayed at the Bloor-Yorkville area and were much happier. But I have no negatives about the King Edward as a hotel.

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 07:52 PM
Bonnie

Probably has the most affordable spa in town. They keep their prices low and do volume. They have a wonderful High Tea also. I would agree that I like the Bloor/Yorkville area better.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 10:16 AM
LJ

While I would agree that the King Eddie area is a bit quiet on the weekends, instead of heading North to Yorkiville, you might also try South to Front St, The Explanade, St. Lawrence Market etc. Also, of course, you are within easy walking distance of the Eaton Centre (for shopping) and Nathan Phillips Square with the glories of Queen St West just beyond. The latter is where Yorkville was 25 years ago, funky (do people still say that?) and full of excellent, not too pricey restaurants.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 10:55 AM
Susan

I agree with the previous poster. Personally I like the area around Queen and King Streets. While the area around the King Eddie is quiet, there's lots to see quite close to that area. Depends on what you're looking for. <BR><BR>Toronto's downtown is not that large. It's easy to get almost anywhere by TTC or cab or even walking!