Search

Jasper Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 06:59 PM
Nanci

Jasper Lodging

Is anyone familiar with Pyramid Lake resort? We are spending a week in the area and wanted to start in Jasper and work our way back to calgary. Problem now is finding accomodationsi in Jasper. Wanted something off the beaten path, but right now staying at the Royal Canadian Lodge. Suggestions??

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Susan

We stayed at Pyramid Lake in August. (see my hotel report in the listings) We loved it. It is off the beaten path but close enough to town. The rooms aren't luxurious but comfortable. We had a standard double with a queen bed and sitting area with pullout sofa and fireplace. There are also suites and cabin rooms available. The lake is lovely and I heard that the distant shoreline is a major wildlife path. You can rent boats and bikes. The food at the restaurant is very good but the service could be better. If you are in a hurry in the morning choose the continental buffet. Have fun!

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 08:58 AM
lorraine

We stayed at the Alpine Village and had our own little log cabin which was terrific - clean and cozy - a lovely property. Having seen some of the other hotels/cabins etc in the area, I thougt we made a terrific choice.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 04:48 AM
steve

My wife and I spent 4 days at Patrica Lake Bungalows in Jasper and it was fantastic!Beautifull cottages by the lake each with a fire place and full kitchen.Also outdoor hottub and barbeques.We live on the east coast but this is probally the nicest place in Canada!!!

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 08:45 PM
Jim

I have stayed in the Pyramid Lake Lodge and can recommend it. Be sure you get a room or cabin in the new part though.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 06:09 PM
Nanci

We stayed at Pyramid Lake Lodge and was a little disappointed. Many rooms overlook the parking lot. We looked at other properties and agree with Steve's message. If we were going again we would stay at Patricia Lake bungalows. They were much cozier than Pyramid Lake.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Sharon

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the above postings. We stayed at Patricia Lake Bungalows and were very disappointed. We found them to be very basic and quite grubby. Coming from England we expected lovely log cabins not garden sheds.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Joy

We will be in Jasper this summer (2 families with 4 adults and 4 children under 12 years of age) and were trying to decide between Pyramid Lake, Patricia Lake Bungalows and Tekarra Lodge.<BR><BR>We finally decided on the cabins at Tekarra Lodge. Can anyone let me know whether this was a wise choice? Should we try to stay elsewhere (i.e. Pyramid Lake or Patricia Lake)?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Susan

From what I remember, Tekarra looked very nice from the outside. If I remember it correctly, it was on the river and looked very peaceful. I did not like the appearance of Patricia Lake. It looked umkempt. We liked Pyramid Lake when we stayed there. It isn't luxury but was comfortable. Plus we loved renting boats and going out onto the lake.Many rooms do overlook the parking lot. But beyond that you can see the lake and mountains. Both Patricia and Pyramid are out of the town but only a short drive.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Jim

We booked two nights at Becker's Chalets in Jasper. How do they compare to Pyramid Lake, Alpine Village or Patricia Lake Bungalows as far as location and quality of accommodations are concerned?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Anne

We stayed at Becker's Chalet couple of years ago and loved it. We had an upper unit with a fireplace and balcony, with a lovely view on grassy areas and wildlife.You can hear the rushing sounds from the river that runs through the property. They also have a nice dining room .<BR>For a great dinner go to Jasper Park Lodge's dining room. Memorable !