JASPER- Beckers- train noise?

Jul 8th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

JASPER- Beckers- train noise?

Hi
We are planning to spend two nights at Beckerīs Cabins, but just read a post about train noise.Could you please share your experiences ?Should we look for another place?
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:28 PM

Train noise at Becker's? Not to my knowlege. I don't think the train is even close to Beckers.

Becker's is farther south along the Icefields Parkway than Jasper House Bungalows and Jasper House is about 2 miles from the rail line.

You can probably hear the train on a quiet night, but I have spent the night in Jasper Townsite and never paid any attention to it.

Jul 8th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your answer. I am making reservations for a group of 8 you based on this forum and probably there was a mistake.I was just imagining their faces after a night without sleep and I am relieved my choice is a good one.
Thanks again
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:06 PM

I think the noise from the Athabasca River rushing past would bother them more than the train.

I have stayed many nights in Field within 450 yards of the main line of the Canadian Pacific and not paid any attention to the train noise.

Jul 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM

Being sort of contrary type, I would suggest that if they don't like my choice, to find their own.

Also, I am not sure where you would go in Jasper to get farther away from the train tracks than Becker's. I guess the hostel at Mount Edith Cavell would be farther away.

Last time I looked Pat Lake Bungalows had a 3 night minimum.
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:39 AM

I would think that Becker's is quieter than a Jasper townsite accommodation. We just got back from our trip to the Rockies. We stayed in Sawridge Hotel at Jasper, which was 15 mins walk from down town, but right alongside the railway track. If you're a light sleeper, those trains are noisy!!!
Beckers looked nice. Provided that one of your group is happy to drive people into Jasper (assuming you might want to go into Jasper for one or both of the nights?) then it would be a great place to stay. We took a Rafting trip and were waving at all the Becker's folk sitting out watching us ride Becker's rapids!! I remember commenting to my husband that it looked a nice place to stay.
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks
We are staying at Beckers.
Jul 9th, 2006, 08:03 AM

In response to the comment about Patricia Lake Bungalows having a 3 night minimum - we just booked there for only 2 nights in Sept. Maybe the "season" has impact on a minimum? (We also stayed there last Sept for only 1 night)
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:06 PM

I must have had another place in mind, or Pat Lake Bungalows has changed its policy on minimum rental periods.

I just looked at the web site and there is no mention of a minimum rental period.

Now I am trying to recall where I applied a couple of years ago only to be told that a 2 day rental was not allowed.

If it was not Pat Bay, then I cannot reconstruct where it was.