Jasper

May 22nd, 2001, 07:33 AM
Jenny

Jasper

Hi, My boyfriend and I are planning a trip during the second half of August to Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. We are set with hotels in Banff and Lake Louise but we have not been able to find a place in Jasper. We will spend 2 nights in Jasper. Any suggestions in where to stay?
Thanks

May 22nd, 2001, 10:22 AM
Julie

Hi Jenny,
I will be visiting Jasper in July and have reserved a room at the Maligne Lodge, its a three star and mid price hotel but I have never been to Canada before so I dont know any more than that. Have a good holiday.

May 23rd, 2001, 04:04 AM
Coletta

Hi, we did this trip in March (and it was very cold, but beautiful). We didn't have a hotel in Jasper either and found loads of private individuals that offer accomodation in their house. They all have signs in front of their house. You have your own entrance and own bathroom and sometimes kitchen and they are cheaper than hotels.

Good luck!
Coletta, Rotterdam, The Netherlands

May 30th, 2001, 09:11 PM
randy

Try Alberta bed and breakfast association on Exite. You will find about a dozen b&b's ranging in price from 50 - 100$ ca. If b&b is not to your liking try the sawridge hotel, good middle of the road accomodation away from the center of town, and has all the ammenities for 125-150$ ca per night. Reserve early.
Also try a search on just Jasper and you should find links for people who will share there homes, by renting out the bedrooms(very cheap way to go. My wife had to do her intermediate scuba certification with for dives around Jasper, in June last year. She stayed in one of these for 60$ ca and split the cost with another diver.
If money isn't a concern and you like fancy, stay at the Jasper park lodge.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy your visit

May 31st, 2001, 04:56 AM
dnorrie

Try www.discoveralberta.com - there are all kinds of places listed. This may help. The second half of August, things slow down a bit from Stampede time but it can still be busy.