Vacation rentals on Vancouver island

May 22nd, 2001, 09:28 AM
leslie

Vacation rentals on Vancouver island

I'd like to rent an oceanfront home on Vancouver Island in September. We have no children or pets and are interested in doing outdoorsy-type things. Any suggestions or advice?

This will be my first time to Pacific Canada.

May 28th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Colleen

Vancouver Island seems quite big... takes some time to get from place to place, so I guess the start would be deciding what area you are planning to stay in. We haven't been yet, but made our reservations after searching under sites such as www.vancouverisland-bc.com; www.tofino-bc.com. If you are interested in Tofino (highly recommended by the folks on this site), try Tofino Vacation Rentals; also the Wickennish Inn has been highly recommended. Good luck.

May 28th, 2001, 11:26 PM
Robyn

Another website that might interest you Leslie (and Colleen!) is at http://www.vancouverisland.com

It's the best website on Vancouver Island that I've seen. It gives you information on every single region, city and town on Vancouver Island.

Like Colleen said, Vancouver Island's huge. It's approximately 300 miles, two thirds the size of the UK!

My personal favourite area on Vancouver Island is on the west coast in an area known as Long Beach. The towns in this area are Tofino and Ucluelet. The Pacific Rim National Park is also located here. Miles and miles of beaches, wildlife, and rainforest.

May 29th, 2001, 02:25 PM
CanadianAl

The only problem with the west coast is that it is a long drive to get there and once you're there, you won't be able to explore from there. I would recommend you stay in the mid island area( Parksville/Qualicum). It has alot to offer ,and you can do day ( or overnight) trips to the west coast or Courtenay/Campbell River. The Wickininnish Inn on the West Coast is very good , but expensive. enjoy

May 31st, 2001, 06:40 AM
leslie

Thanks for your helpful info. I will check those sites and keep size in mind!