Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is there a hotel at the Winnipeg airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Sheila

Is there a hotel at the Winnipeg airport? My husband is planning a hunting trip and in order to get a better airfare he may have to stay over on the Saturday night. It would be convenient for a hotel to be at the airport or very near. I would appreciate your help.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 08:41 AM
dnorrie

I looked it up on the internet and what I found was the Radisson Suite Hotel Winnipeg Airport. It seems quite expensive at $220/nt but you could probably contact them on an 800 # and find out if there is something cheaper. If you are from the US, this would not be so expensive, given your exchange rate. Hope this helps and have fun hunting (my husband is an avid hunter so always want to help out another avid hunter). Good Luck.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 08:46 AM
dnorrie

Actually, I meant to say $200/nt. Their # is 1-800-333-3333 (anywhere in the US or Canada). If you look up Radisson in the internet, you can find the hotel and they are very nice suites, not just rooms. But, if you want to phone the actual hotel, they can probably help you with finding cheaper accomodation near the airport. Why not go for "broke" though and have a great place to stay? Have fun.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Nicki

I am a Winnipeger and please feel free to email me at the above address with your questions on Winnipeg...There is no hotel located inside the airport..as a matter of fact the airport itself is quite small. There are a number of hotels nearby, and are close enough that taking a cab is very affordable. I will gather a list of airport location hotels and post them in the next day or so... <BR>Nicki

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Sheila

Thanks Nicki and Dnorrie. The reason I was wanting the hotel near the airport is I may or maynot go along on this trip. He is staying with an outfitters for hunting until Saturday. However, the airline rate drops from 1210 to 550 if he stays the Saturday night. I thought it would be convenient to stay near the airport for him. However, if I go along to sightsee and shop in Winnipeg, then a downtown hotel will be fine. I would appreciate any advice you have. Thanks

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:43 AM
Shelley

Hi Sheila! There is a Sheraton Four Points Hotel at the Winnipeg Airport. It is attached to the airport. Very nice hotel. I stayed at the one in Toronto. We managed to get a good rate. The phone number for the one in Winnipeg is 1-204-775-5222. I will also forward a website to you with photos and info of this hotel.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Sheila

Thanks Shelley. That sounds like what I am looking for. I have decided not to go this trip so he and his hunting buddy would like to stay at the airport for convenience.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 11:57 AM
dnorrie

Hi Sheila - Why not go anyway??? I stay home for hunting/fishing trip, one after another. We wives need to have some fun too! LOL. My guess would be that you would have a great time and meet some wonderful people. Maybe change your mind?

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 03:10 PM
Sheila

Shelly: I got the information about the hotel. Thanks a bunch. That sounds perfect. To Dnorrie: I am taking our two teenagers to London this summer (I can't get my husband overseas yet) so this will be my trip of the year. Also since this is our son's senior year and he plays football during goose season, I decided I should stay home for the game. I do plan to come next year if he comes back since I have never been to Canada. Thanks everyone for the information.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 08:22 AM
Shelley

Hi Sheila! Glad I could help. I am from Winnipeg. Hopefully you can visit Winnipeg next year. I think you will enjoy many of the sites that Winnipeg and Manitoba has to offer.