If not Keltic Lodge, what then?

Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

If not Keltic Lodge, what then?

I have heard and seen mixed reviews about Keltic, and don't want to chance being disappointed at $353.00 a night, even if breakfast and dinner are included. What is the next best place to stay in that general area without spending quite so much money?
Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:18 AM

I have heard good things about Castle Rock Inn in Ingonish Ferry. My girlfriend highly recommended it.
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:38 AM

Markland Resort in Dingwall. It's only about 1/2 hour drive past Ingonish and a wonderful place to stay. It has a 4* rating. You can stay in their chalets or in their log rooms Check out the website for more info.

http://www.marklandresort.com/
Apr 25th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Tanya and Mea2. I checked out both the Castle Rock and the Markland on the internet. They are so different from each other that it is hard to make a choice. Is one any better situated than the other? I have also recently heard about Glenghorm Beach resort. Anyone know anything about that one?

By the way, coming from Halifax, is it better to go first to Louisbourg, and then drive the Cabot Trail counter clockwise before going on to P.E.I., or is it better to do the Cabot Trail first, and then go to Louisbourg and on to P.E.I.? Which would be the shorter distance, or is it the same either way?

Does anyone have any comment about The Point Of View Suites in Louisbourg?
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:05 AM

Which ever way you do it, it is still the same distance. My recommendation would be if it is a nice day, do Louisbourg. You don't want to do it in rainy weather.

My friends stayed at Castle Rock and said it was a very pleasant surprise! Glenghorm has rec'd excellent reviews as well. I think any of the three are a good choice.

Where are you coming from? It may make a difference on visiting PEI or NS first? Are you driving or flying?
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:48 PM

You might also want to check out the Normaway Inn in the Margaree Valley. It's a lovely 1920s-style inn with cabins (some with jacuzzis) and a very good dining room. If you like celtic music, they have a weekly ceilidh on the property.
May 1st, 2003, 05:28 PM

My 16 yr old son and I booked a room for $167 per night. If he had been an adult it might have been $200. Check expedia. We called the Keltic Lodge directly and they were willing to honor the expedia rate.

Search this Thread