Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

I need a help for planning a trip to Canada!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2024, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to take a trip to Canada in this summer with my friends, I and my friends never been to Canada. There are so many options of places to visit that we can't choose. Are there any must-visit places? Also, are there any precautions to take when traveling to Canada?
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 07:58 PM

Niagara Falls, Ontario is very popular and beautiful place. I've been there before, and it's my favorite place now.

Old Apr 14th, 2024, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply! Do I have to climb to get there?
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kiironishimoto8342
I'm planning to take a trip to Canada..... Are there any must-visit places?
Canada is the same size as all of Europe, including the UK. Each of our 10 individual provinces and two territories are larger than many European countries.

There are 5 mountain ranges, just crossing the western province of BC and 6 time zones across the country.

Only if you can tell us what geography and personal interests you have, can we help you.

Cities, rural, indoors, outdoors, wilderness, oceans, prairies or mountains?
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 02:23 PM

Where are you travelling from?
What types of experiences do you want?
What sort of landscapes are you hoping to see?
What's your travel style? Do you like to take in a place and soak it in at a relaxed pace or do you like to rush around quickly from place to place?
How much time do you want to spend in transit and how much time do you want to spend in your destination? Like, do you want to spend more time on buses, on trains, in airplanes getting to a lot of places, or do you want to spend less time travelling and more time in the cities shopping and dining and sightseeing or out of the car hiking or on beaches or whatever?

If you know nothing about Canada, the best starting point is the official Canada tourism website: Visit Canada | Destination Canada

Learn about each province and what each province has to offer - they're all very different from one another and can provide vastly different experiences of Canada, similar to how visiting different states in the USA can provide you with vastly different experiences of the USA, or how visiting different countries in Europe can provide you with vastly different experiences of Europe.

But do let us know. Why Canada? Why are you picking Canada in the first place? What are you hoping to see and do? That can help us narrow it down a little.

It's also worth knowing you can't see everything in two weeks. Canada's a country where you can only see a tiny part of it in a two week window. It's a country, like the USA, where you have to return to time and time again over a lifetime to see it all.

Last edited by BC_Robyn; Apr 18th, 2024 at 02:25 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 08:36 PM

Niagara Falls is a must visit place.

Old Apr 25th, 2024, 03:06 PM

It's a safe country so no precautions needed, except if you're adventurous as I'm sure there are many opportunities to get into trouble in the outdoors. Flying around the country can be expensive so it may not be feasible to explore all over the place. I would recommend Banff National Park in Alberta, it is stunning. But I'd also be a little concerned about wildfire season based on how bad they had it last year. I don't know if it's practical to book last minute but that's what I'd be inclined to do for Banff. Vancouver and the west coast are another highlight. Tofino on Vancouver island is an amazing little spot. It's very expensive but if you go the camping route reserve now.