How to get to Mont Tremblat? and poutine

Feb 17th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

How to get to Mont Tremblat? and poutine

DH made reservations to take our son to Montreal for his a5th birthday trip. Two questions: they won't have a car, so how can they get to Mont Tremblat (we're hoping for some snow there). Second, where can they get poutine (did I spell that right?)?
Feb 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

15th birthday, not a5th! Guess that's why they give you a chance to preview your post!
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
ron

You spelled poutine ok, but your spelling of Tremblant needs work.

If they don't want to rent a car, I think the shuttle from the airport is the only public transport available. See www.tremblant.ca

There are restaurant listings on that site as well.
Feb 17th, 2008, 11:59 AM

There is scheduled bus service between Montreal (Central Bus Station) and Mont Tremblant from Galland Bus Lines.

You can find the schedules on their website at:

http://www.galland-bus.com/

You can get poutine anywhere!

Feb 17th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Darn - and I had typed in my best bet at Tremblant (which was even worse) in the search engine so I could check the spelling and get it right! It's all downhill after 50........I will pass the info on to my husband - thanks so much!
Feb 18th, 2008, 04:18 PM

Hi bellhouse,

I'm not sure about the transportation to Tremblant, another poster suggested the shuttle, I'd look into that.

Regarding poutine, did you want to know where they can get pouting in Montreal or in Tremblant?

If they'll be in the city of Montreal they might want to try La Banquise on Rachel street for poutine. It's AMAZING! You can choose from original, bacon, hot chicken sandwhich, sausage etc etc etc the toppings are endless! I love it!

I'm not sure of an exact location for poutine in Tremblant, but I'm sure one of the little casse-croute type places will serve it for sure.

Enjoy! Poutine is one of my guilty pleasures!

Layla