Reload this Page >

How is skiing at Whistler?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 01:02 PM
BJ

I'd like to take my family skiing at Whistler in late March. What are the ski conditions that time of year? Will we have powder, slush, something in between? I'd appreciate lodging suggestions near the lifts in the village (we'd like a two bedroom suite or condo). Also, does anyone know if they have snowboarding classes? <BR>Thanks.

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 05:12 PM
Whistler's Mother

www.whistler.com

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 07:31 PM
BJ

Thank you for the web site. I had found it in my research and it answered many questions. I'd still like to hear from others who've skiied there.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 07:05 AM
sheri

Late March snow conditions will probably be "something in between" powder and slush. It really depends on temperatures, etc. I've been up there in late March when it's pouring rain, even at the top. And I've skied there in early April in nice conditions. <BR> <BR>Even when there is fresh snow, don't expect the light fluffy powder you get in the Rockies. It's heavier and wetter here. But Whistler's still a blast, I think, especially the glaciers up at the top of Blackcomb. <BR> <BR>Last year we stayed at Snowy Creek condos, located between the Whistler and Blackcomb bases. They were ideal: just a short walk from the gondolas, but out of the noise of the village. The Gables is another complex to consider in the same area.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 12:08 PM
Aaron

I skiied at Whistler all my life and have made one conclusion Whistler is a funny place weatherwise, it can be raining/snowing in the valley and as soon as you get past the bottom quarter of the mountain it's sunny and beautiful with perfect conditions. One piece of advice I can give is to pack some waterproof gear because March is usually a little wet. Make sure you check out Whistler's website for forcasts just before you go and you'll know what's going on. Make sure you eat at the Rim Rock Cafe too, it's one of the best restaurants in Whistler.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 01:26 PM
elizabeth

Here's an article from yesterday's New York Times regarding Whistler: <BR> <BR>http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/12/travel/WHISTLE.html

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 04:43 PM
louise

Hello, we have been a few times with our family. stayed on the whistler side and blackcombe and enjoyed both. yes they have snowboard lessons and the girls really enjoyed them, you will certainly have a wonderful holiday.