Reload this Page >

hotels on Bloor-subway line ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 08:46 PM
wqo

We really don't want to stay in downtown Toronto. Do any of you there have info on hotels on (or very close to- within 5 minutes drive) the Bloor subway line , even as west as Kipling. <BR> How long does it take by subway to downtown from Kipling or Islington? <BR> <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR> <BR> <BR>Wqo <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 05:11 AM
Elizabeth

West of Kipling is the Valhalla, located at Highway 427 between Bloor and Burnhamthorpe Sts. It's about 5 minutes by car from the Kipling station. (there's also a Ramada on the other side of the highway). The Valhalla is nice - my in-laws stay there when they visit. The hotel has a shuttle bus service to the local mall (Sherway Gardens) - the shuttle may also go to the subway. From Kipling/Islington is approx 25-30 minutes to Yonge and Bloor.

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 08:24 AM
Wqo

<BR> <BR>Any hotels close to other stations of the Bloor Subway? Dupherin, etc..? <BR> <BR>Thanks so much for your help Elizabeth! <BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 08:33 AM
Brian Kilgore

Depending on how you define downtown, it's between about 20 - 25 minutes, Kipling to Yonge, or 35-40 from Kipling to the Queen and Yonge subway station. <BR>And, depending on how you define downtown, there's the Quality Hotel Midtown, at 280 Bloor Street West, very close to the St.George subway station. This is only two subway stops west of Yonge, so you may think of it as downtown. <BR>There's the Quality Hotel and Suites at 2180 Islington Avenue, which is immediately south of highway 401 and a fairly short drive (or bus ride) down Islington to the subway station at Islington and Bloor. Both are good mid-range hotels. There's more info at <BR>www.choicehotels.com <BR>The Valhalla Inn (www.valhalla-inn.com)in beside highway 427, just north of Bloor Street and Dundas Street, and is a short drive to the subway. Its web site has good pictures, special rates, etc., and a deal with the Old Mill, a classic Toronto restaurant. <BR>If you want to stay on the subway line, look north. There may still be a Novatel on subway stop north of Sheppard, on the Yonge Street line, and it's close to highway 401, too. <BR>If you find any hotels between 280 Bloor West and about 3300 Bloor West, they are probably fleabags, with a few rooms over a beer parlor. <BR>There are some non-chain motels in Mississauga, on Dundas Street East, but I can't remember any names, so can't help much. <BR>BAK

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 08:39 AM
Elizabeth

Brian's very helpful post (they always are!) gives more options north of the east-west subway line, plus the Novotel option on the north-south line. As far as hotels closer to downtown (i.e. near Dufferin) I can't think of any hotels in that area. <BR> <BR>Why don't you want to stay downtown?