Reload this Page >

Hotel help in Montreal

Search

Hotel help in Montreal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:31 PM
molly

Hotel help in Montreal

My fiance and I will be spending part of our honeymoon in Montreal and are trying to figure out where to stay. We are from Chicago and have never been to Montreal so any insight would be a great help! We will be heading that way the first week of October 2003. We've narrowed our choices to the following - let me know what you think!<BR><BR>Hilton Montreal Bonaventure<BR>Loews Hotel Vogue<BR>Renaissance Montreal Hotel<BR>Marriott Montreal Chateau Champlain<BR>Intercontinental Montreal

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Brian Kilgore

The Loews Vogue -- smaller, very sophisticated, a bit closer to interesting clubs and restaurants, but all the hotels on your list are fine.<BR><BR>You might consider one of Montreal's small hotels, though. <BR><BR>Butg it's hard to beat the Vogue.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Neil Newman

You have to try out H&ocirc;tel Place d'Armes in Old Montreal. We were there for our anniversary on a romantic package and just adored it. Take a look at their website www.hotelplacedarmes.com. The Vogue is nice, but it still has the big hotel look. Place dArmes is a boutique hotel and the difference is remarkable.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 06:12 PM
trixie

Of the hotels on your list, the only one I would choose would be the Vogue.<BR>The others are one or all of these:<BR>too big, tired, old fashioned, bad location, old.<BR>If you are newly wed, you will want to have a really nice room with some luxuries and not old fashioned or &quot;hotel-y&quot;. THe Vogue has down comforters, and a hip ambience.<BR>Congratulations on your marriage.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 02:38 PM
TC

I second Hotel Place d'Armes. Amazingly romantic!

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:53 AM
Bobbi

I can help you eliminate some--<BR>Renaissance is a little out of the way. Not a bad hotel, just not special. Hilton is an enormous convention like hotel and doesn't have, it seems to me, a romantic ambiance.Intercontinenetal is very elegant ans ome of the rooms are really fabulous. Service is good.<BR>I also suggest the Omni hotel (again,if you're looking for larger hotels, as all of these are). Lovely location, very lovely rooms (mahogany furniture, marble baths, etc--some rooms with excellent views of Mount Royal).<BR>Newer boutique hotels getting good reviews are Hotel Nelligan and Hotel Saint Sulpice

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 10:10 AM
t

topping for jon