Search

Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon

We are getting married in March and would like to honeymoon in Canada, any suggestions, we would like some commercialization, although welcome a serene romantic setting? Been to Banff and Lake Louise and would prefer somewhere new? Any ideas?
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 09:19 AM

Hello Redbuggirl,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

What activities are you interested in? For example, do you want to ski or not?
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 10:10 AM
wow

Congratulations,Redbuggirl! Don't know where you are coming from or how much you know about Canada...so.... Let's see....In most parts of Canada it is still winter in March...are you ready for that? For romance, Quebec City in the Province of Quebec can't be beat! Or, you cld consider Toronto. For a couple of days, stay someplace like The Four Seasons(Yorkville), stroll along Bloor St., shop, go to the theatre, end the day w/ a late romantic dinner in Yorkville. Then rent something "Up North" (about a 2 hour drive North of Toronto) (maybe a condo @ Delta Grandview w/ a fireplace??!!). Do "day trips" in the surounding area. Cross-country or downhill ski, go for long walks, cozy dinners....sound good?
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 08:57 AM

Old Quebec City is quite possibly (actually more like probably) the most romantic city in all of North America. I've been to some pretty romantic places, including various places in Europe and an overwater bungalow on Bora Bora, and I think that for pure romantic atmosphere, the old walled section of QC rates right up there.

Just like being in Europe (and I grew up in Europe).

Ken
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 12:14 PM

Quebec City or any of the Vancouver Islands would be great...Galiano Island, Gabriola Island , Tofino, Quesnel or any island along the Sunshine Coast can provide you a romantic setting smack in the midst of nature! There are some awesome hotels and Band B's...