Hello Nova Scotia Pros
We have been a bit over enthusiastic by planning our Nova Scotia Trip in April. We don't mind the weather but we realised that most of the attractions are closed at that time of the year. At the moment it's a bit difficult to plan our itinary we are very undecided - it would be a huge help if we could get any tips (concerning the routing and concerning things to see and do).
I already called Nova Scotia Tourism but they haven't been a big help with the routing. They just told me to give them a call one day bevore we arrive at a place so they can check what is open. The doers and dreamers guide 2015 is helpful but it shows the things you can do in season.
We are a young couple, interested in nature and culture (more the kind of getting to know the land and people instead of visiting museums). We are both fit and have good gear to go hiking (but we are definetely not interested in very long tours). We are also open to do things that are not on the "to do" list for tourists.
That's how we planned so far:
15. April: arrial in Halifax in the evening and stay in a B&B near the airport (suggestions for B&Bs?)
16. April: Peggys Cove, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, over night at Liverpool
17. April: Yarmouth
18. April: Digby (worth the stop? No whalewatching at that time...)
19. April: Wolfville
20. April: Wolfville
21. April: ?
22. April: Chéticamp
23. April: Baddeck
24. April: Lunenburg (we know, the fort is also closed, but sure worth a visit), overnight at Sidney
26. April: ?
27. April: Halifax
28. April: Halifax
29. April: Morning in Halifax and then flight back home
Would it be best to book accommodation now or will it be no problem just to pop by?
We appreciate very much any help!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 2 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Montreal for New Years
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Babymoon Destination
- 8 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 9 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 12 Ottawa in December
- 13 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 14 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 15 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 16 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 17 Montreal & Quebec City
- 18 Victoria in December
- 19 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 20 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 21 Happy Canada Day
- 22 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 23 What is famous in canada?
- 24 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 25 May2018 Banff accomodations
Hello Nova Scotia Pros