Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

HELP! LM trip to Quebec with small children!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband, his friend and family decided we are taking a trip to Quebec with our small children flying in and out of quebec city at the end of december for a total of 9 nights!!

Questions:

1. Accommodations: they prefer not to stay in a hotel so that we can all stay together. any recommendations for vacation condo? More importantly which area should we stay in? High or low old town? st. roch?

2. Length of stay: how many nights would be reasonable for a stay in quebec city? and where could we spend the remainder of our time? we are considering a visit to Montreal.

3. Restaurants: any recommendations for children friendly restaurants?

Again, any suggestions for 3 couples traveling with 3 kids under the age of 3 would be highly appreciated!!!!!! Oh and I am also pregnant therefore comfort is a must!!

thank you
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM

What does "LM" stand for?
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 02:38 PM

Last Minute I'm guessing...

1. Haute or Basse Ville are good, central. So is St. Roch; the latter is decidedly working-class Quebec City, central enough for exploration of Vieux Quebec. Less-charming perhaps, but less expensive. I had a good friend who lived in Saint-Roch; I found it charming in a way.

2. 3 nights would be fine for your first taste of Quebec City (especially given the cold, not ideal city exploring weather). Ottawa and Montreal aren't bad ideas to split up the rest of your time. Do bundle up!

3. In Montreal, St. Hubert chicken comes to mind. There may be a "sugaring off" in the area going on while you're there (removal of sap from the maple trees; maple syrup-making) that might be enjoyable to the kids.

Have fun! Daniel
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Yes, LM means Last minute.

thank you Daniel for the reply!
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM

Hello ds, I have never been to Quebec City but I am researching for a trip next year. Somewhere on Fodors I found a link to these apartments which I am currently checking out -it may suit you?
http://www.imcha.com/immeubles-charlevoix-en.asp
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM
BAK

Take a cruise on a Disney ship with child care for little kids.

Minimize QC time. Steep hills, rough roads make pusing a stroller in the cold air miserable.

Go to Montreal and take the kids to the biosphere and the insectarium.

Best bet is Ottawa, with indoor, and therefore warm, museums. Museum of Civilization in downtown Hull has a special section for little kids, even those so small they don't walk yet. Zak's restaurant.

Both Monreal and Ottawa has Swiss Chalet chicken restaurants (multiple locations) that are very kid friendly, with really good food, too.

BAK