Reload this Page >

Forgotten Restaurant name in Montreal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Joan

Went to a terrific small french restaurant in downtown montreal last year. It was more or less a very narrow street off one of the main streets. One of their specialties was lobster.... I can't remember the name and I have a friend there right now who is dying to know the name. Can anyone help?

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Daniel Williams

Joan--<BR><BR>I hate to tell you this but no one on Fodor's or for that matter in the entire city of Montreal will be able to help you with your query. Your description probably could be applied to at least a hundred restaurants in Montreal. Good luck remembering, and if you can come up with the street name it was on or a nearby cross street, that will help the Montrealers figure out where you're talking about. Best wishes, DAN

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Marlene

Too bad you didn't pick up a brochure or business card while there. Too bad you don't keep a travel journal. Too bad you never bothered to report your wonderful experience here, but now hope others can help YOU out.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Meme

<BR>Marlene,<BR>Too bad you are rude and inconsiderate. What an attitude.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 07:44 AM
Dee

The Bonaparte restaurant which is in the Auberge Bonaparte is on a small narrow street in old town. Its specialty is lobster stew in a mild vanilla sauce which is excellent.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 08:42 AM
xxx

Hey Dan,<BR><BR>I'm just wondering how you like living in MTL and specifically in the Snowdown area. A lot of my friends live close by and it seems quite creepy.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:05 AM
Wilbur

Yes, I know that restaurant. I think the name starts with an L or C and is on the other side of that big office buidling near the metro stop. Hope this helps.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:53 AM
Jode

This may or may not help you but we were in Montreal the end of June. After shopping in one of the underground stores we asked the person who had helped us for a good restaurant suggestion. She suggested Le Carveau - I have the exact address elsewhere but it was not far from one of the Metro stations - I'm sure you can get the address from the internet - it was on a side street near some tall office buildings and looked like a lovely cottage - - the food and service were absolutely wonderful and I would recommend going there even if it is not the one you had in mind.