East coast iternary...are we crazy

Jun 5th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Kim

East coast iternary...are we crazy

With alot of help from all of you I have successfully booked all of our hotels, ferry and some tours. Now is what we booked do-able. Keep in mind that we are not the type to sit on the beach and hang out so the busier the better.
Day 1
Arrive in Grand Falls NB do the Gorge boat tour. Stay the night in the Grand Falls area
Day 2
Hartland cov'd bridge morning travel to Kingslanding. Spend night in Saint John maybe see reversing falls.
Day 3
Drive the scenic route from Saint John to Hillsborough for a cave tour, head back down to Hopewell Rocks for high tide Spend the night in Hopewell.
Day 4
Back to Hopewell rocks for low tide, do Magnetic hill and drive up to Shediac and across to the Confederation Bridge. Drive North to Cavendish and spend the night there.
Day 5
Anne of Green Gables day....stay in Cavendish again.
Day 6
Drive from Cavendish to East point and down to Wood Island to catch the ferry to Pictu spend the night in New Glasgow.
Day 7
Leave New Glasgow and head for the Cabot trail travel around the trail exiting at St Ann and head to Sydney for the night.
Day 8
Louisbourg Historical site, maybe the lighthouse also. Head to Halifax for the night maybe going to pier 21
Day 9
From Halifax to Peggy's Cove then over to Lunenberg. After spending some time in Lunenberg head north to Clementsport also doing the Graveyard tour.
Day 10
????? We want to go to the balancing rock and Port Royal but nothing is definate for this day. Stay in Clementsport again.
Day 11
Booked on the 1pm ferry back to Saint Johns, NB spending the night in Saint Johns.
Day 12 head home through the U.S. spending the night in Montpieller Vermont.
Day 13 all the way home to Toronto.

Sorry this is so long.....are we crazy.

Thank you for all your help.

Jun 5th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Melissa

You are deffinatly going to be busy. I think you can do it, but you won't be relaxed at all when you get home. I personally would spend a little more time in Halifax, but hey, it is just another city if you are used to big cities.

Jun 5th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Susan

We're also going to the Maritimes from Toronto, but our trip is much less busy. I had to laugh when I saw your itinerary. It'll be our first trip, and I was really tempted to do a lot more, but my husband already thinks I'm pushing it!

I guess it all depends on what you want. If you find it too busy, you can always eliminate something.

We're looking at it this way - this doesn't have to be our only trip to the Maritimes - if we like it, we'll be back.

Jun 5th, 2002, 05:48 PM
l

If you go to Cavendish, PEI, take some time to take a walk on the magnificent beach there! It's one of the nicest beach in the world with it's soft sand and red rocks. Try to stay for the sunset.

Jun 9th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Kim

Thank you for the input anyone else?

Jun 10th, 2002, 11:32 AM
BBT

I think your New Glasgow to Sydney to Louisburg to Halifax leg is very ambitious. Other than the stops for the night I think you'll spend 80% of your time in the car. That is a LOT of driving, bearing in mind that you are on twisty, 2 lane roads through Cape Breton. Your average speed will be low. And when the the sign says 'Slow to 40 kph' SLOW TO 40 KPH!

Beautiful country there (I'm from NS originally), slow down & enjoy it.

BBT