Dining in Windsor

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dining in Windsor

My husband and I will be visiting some family members who live near Detroit for the American Thanksgiving week. We are looking for a nice place to have dinner on Thanksgiving Day and it doesn't have to be turkey and dressing. But we'd like a nice place with good food.

Does anyone have some suggestions for a good place for dinner in Windsor? My husband's brother said he heard that there are some nice restaurants in Windsor. We have never been there. Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 04:45 AM

If you have no objection to a very casual atmosphere - and if it's still there - the Tunnel Bar-B-Cue has wonderful ribs and chicken. It's located downtown, near the entrance to (obviously) the tunnel. They also have another place, called - amazingly enough - "TBQ Other Place" which is a bit further out.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 01:05 PM

Tunnel BBQ is still there and it is wonderful. We drive over all the time to eat there. There is also another restaurant behind there, Tophat something that is supposed to be good and a French restaurant called L'Auberge, not sure if I spelled that right.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:12 PM

Tunnel BBQ is good, but it will be packed with Americans that weekend. You're almost guaranteed a line-up on any American holiday!

Chatham Street Grill has excellent steaks and food in general. There's a tapas bar called Three (also on Chatham St.) that does a chef's mood dinner - they just keep bringing out small portions of whatever the chef feels like making - about 6 or 7 plates. Amazing. Almost anywhere on Erie Street has excellent italian.
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 07:56 AM

I live in Windsor so here goes:
Best Italian food: Erie Street (little italy), try Il Gabbiano, La Zingara, Spago, Pasticcio too many to mention.Also Il Boschetto 1366 Ouellette Ave.
Downtown Windsor:Chatham Street Grill,
Tunnel Bar-B-Q: 58 Park St E, near the Windsor tunnel. French: La Cuisine: 417 Pelissier.
Hope this helps..........