Day trips from Ottawa

Search

Day trips from Ottawa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day trips from Ottawa

I will be visiting my daughter in Ottawa in late June/early July. Does anyone know of any tour companies that offer day trips(or overnights) to nearby places of interest?
Any other suggestions of things to see whilst in Ottawa or nearby?
Thanks, Ozlinz
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:39 AM
ron

You may want to check out the one day tours by Ottawa Valley Tours, although it looks like dates for many of their summer tours won't be announced until mid-April.

http://www.ottawavalleytours.com/oneday.html
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM
BAK

It's easy to take the train from Ottawa to the heart of downtown Montreal, wander around for the day (there's lots to see within walking distance of teh train station), and return to Ottawa in the evening.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM

How long are you there? Ottawa itself has quite a bit to keep visitors busy for a few days, although I'd guess your daughter will be touring you around the city attractions. My favourites include the Museum of Civilization, the Canadian Museum of Nature, the National Gallery, and the Byward Market district with it's many bistros, cafes and little shops. The Parliament Buildings are always worth a visit and a tour. Across the river, Gatineau Park is very scenic and the nearby village of Wakefield, Quebec is worth a couple of hours to wander and have a lunch or glass of wine on a patio. Merrickville is a quaint historic village with shops and inns about an hour away. The St. Lawrence "Thousand Islands" are maybe 1 1/2 hours away and you could plan a boat tour out of somewhere like Ivy Lea. And of course the suggestion above to visit Montreal is a good one.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all! Ron, The tour Company looks like they have lots of options. Although my daughter is living there, she is working most of the time so I will have a lot of free time. I will be there for about 4 weeks. Mat 54, I have seen pictures of Wakefield and I was sent a gift from there, so I am looking forward to seeing it "live"! BAK, I will definitely visit Montreal as my daughter has already promised a visit there!
I appreciate all your suggestions - they have really made me even more excited about visiting Ottawa!
Cheers, Ozlinz
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 11:43 PM

Hi, I am planning to go for Ottawa. which is the best place in Ottawa? Please give some information about Ottawa.

----------------
<a href="http://dpsainiflorist.com">Florist Online</a>